• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OL - Halapoulivaati Vaitai

Soul Rebel

I really have no idea what direction we are going in when FA opens up. I have seen us linked to Robby Anderson and Tannehill....only the former would be tempting, but depends on what our plan is long-term as Robby seems like a luxury if we go rebuild.

There is an OL that peeked my interest from Philly - Halapoulivaati Vaitai. A 6'6", 315-pound swing tackle that has played some guard as well could fit in our price range and helps a line with so many question marks. He filled in at both tackle spots as a backup to pro bowlers Lane Johnson and Jason Peters. He began the year last year at guard looking solid there as well. 

https://phillysportsnetwork.com/2020/02/16/vai/

Image result for vaitai

He's been a backup, but considering Johnson and Peters skills, I could see why. From a few articles I came across, Philly really would like to keep him, but probably doesn't have enough cap to secure him long-term, especially after drafting Dillard last year. 

I think he could be our starting LG or RG next year and also fill in or take over at LT if Little looks awful. He turns 27 this summer so his best days are still ahead of him. Probably could be had in the $6M range too, which seems like the path we will be going vs. bringing in premier and free agent splashes.

22 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

With a name like that...I’m all in on this MF.

That was my initial thought, too.  And I knew nothing about him.  But when you hear OL or DL with a name like that, you think of somebody so big that it takes them five minutes to stand up.

20 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

That was my initial thought, too.  And I knew nothing about him.  But when you hear OL or DL with a name like that, you think of somebody so big that it takes them five minutes to stand up.

Like this cat from The Replacements?

C0178398-77B5-4528-9198-B3D6AEF8D2B9.jpeg

Yeah I think he is coming into his own and would be a FA that fits our price range with flexibility to start at either tackle or guard, depending on which position needs his services. 

Just seeing the reaction from Philly fans in articles about him testing free agency show that he is highly desired.

Archived