• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2020 class stacked at OT

GoPanthers123

7 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

How would this work - Indy, Chargers, and Panthers work a 3-way. 

Panthers out: Cam (to SD) and 7 to Indy.  Panthers get 34 from Indy and 6 from SD (plus lose Cam's salary.  The 6th pick makes them assured of getting one of the Defensive players they crave and an extra 2nd.  Indy gives up 34 and 13 but gets 7, which allows them to choose between Herbert and Love.  SD gets Cam and 13 - where they can still get one of the top LTs. 

Everyone wins.

Interesting. Getting 34 and moving up to 6 for Cam would be a solid deal, if we are truly rebuilding. I’d do it. LAC does OK and Indy does well. I’d have to look but I think 34 is pretty cheap going from 13 to 7. I think LAC would have to truly want Cam. That said 13 is potentially still a top tackle, just not THE top tackle. I think having Cam plus a top tackle rather than THE top tackle isn’t bad at all. 

1 hour ago, cmichd said:

We did that last year.....and how well did it work for us....not to damn good!  Why not just bite the bullet and get the golden ring at the start

because last year we got a top five talent at pick 16 name which tackle you would have picked last year at 16? Dillard looked terrible 

5 minutes ago, SOJA said:

because last year we got a top five talent at pick 16 name which tackle you would have picked last year at 16? Dillard looked terrible 

Last year I loved Burns, it was the rest that was awful. I didn’t like Dillard much. Interior OL was last year especially trying to replace Norwell and Ryan. Van Roten was awful in 2018. It still ticks me off a bit to think that we easily should have gone McCoy, Evans and Crosby. We lost Peppers, Addison’s old and our interior OL was in shambles. All three of those guys were among our 20 or so private visits and plugged real holes without reaching. We get Little and Grier instead of 2 interior OL and a DE. Now there’s a stacked OT class and we’ve already got 4 on the roster although the two starters are on 1 year deals, SMH.

I want a tackle at 7. It's supposedly the best OT class in years, and we are in a prime spot to take one. If there is one position you want to be steady at (other than QB), it's LT. We very likely could be drafting a QB next year, so let's solidify this line.  Tired of coming up with reasons to not take a tackle in the first every year...

1 hour ago, Double Trouble said:

I want a tackle at 7. It's supposedly the best OT class in years, and we are in a prime spot to take one. If there is one position you want to be steady at (other than QB), it's LT. We very likely could be drafting a QB next year, so let's solidify this line.  Tired of coming up with reasons to not take a tackle in the first every year...

Tackle at 7 would be nice.  Andrew Thomas could fall to 13-14 and we could trade down and get him still, while getting the best DT in late first or early second. 

17 hours ago, SOJA said:

Dillard played more games than Little did...and not every speed rusher blasted past him.  He had his Rook mistakes...but he was rated higher than Little.  We could gotten a speed rusher in the 2nd round who was just as good as Burns.  No it is will always be the same mentality.  Defense Defense Defense will always be Number 1.  Protect the passer is always been on the cheap.  Do we need to name those players we tried to plug in at OTackle who we picked up in the 5 to 7 rounds.

Archived