• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule on Peter King podcast

Cary Kollins

To me, the bottom line is that anyone who has watched Cam's whole career and not gotten the sense that true greatness was within him  . . . I just don't know what to tell you.  Cam has always had the potential to be HoF caliber.

If Brady / Rhule can *finally* put that potential on display as actual greatness season over season I'm all behind it.  Cam can play another 4-5 years easily if we can simply stop getting him killed.

All that said, Cam is going to have to take to the system.  Cam has struggled on short passing in the past.  Yes, he improved the last couple years, but a system like Brady runs places an emphasis on very precise timing and placement.  We have the skill players around Cam to make a quick RPO / RAC heavy system work.

This could be the most amazing OC / QB pairing we've ever seen in Carolina.  I hope we get to see it on full display.

Like he said in his opening press conference...he wants guys that WANT to be here.  And there is no better definition of a guy that wants to be here, then Cam Newton.  Guy is extremely passionate about the Panthers and wanting to take them all the way.  You just can't quit on a guy like that.  Can't wait for the season to start.

9 hours ago, stratocatter said:

I apologize for being dense on the public dime, but I need things spelled out for me sometimes and hope you don't mind.

Is all that above Rhule utterings, and none of it your words/comments?

If it all did come from Rhule, I find it encouraging.

Thanks.

yeah everything I wrote was basically quotes or paraphrased from Rhule's comments

• 2 weeks later...

Archived