• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good luck with that. We don't even have enough to properly supply our healthcare providers, much less if all 330 million of us are forced to try to source them for ourselves.

Given most people's lack of adherence to the SIP orders, I wouldn't hold out much optimism for them following a mask order either.

Just now, trueblade said:

Given most people's lack of adherence to the SIP orders, I wouldn't hold out much optimism for them following a mask order either.

I just think it would be a reckless move right now considering we're struggling to provide our healthcare workers and other front line types with the necessary protective equipment they need due to their higher risk of exposure. Save that stuff for those at the highest levels of exposure. Karen and her kids don't need to be wearing N95s to walk their dog around the block.

• Pie 1

They need to close everything down for 2 weeks. Everything. If you can’t work from home then it needs to be closed. A few exceptions to the rule of course. Groceries online and pickup only. Gas stations closed except for pumps. Pharmacies open but rules are different. Restaurants closed. Parks and greenways closed. I’m even down with some sort of martial law. Americans are entitled, stupid, and hard headed. Anyone breaking the law gets fined and possible jail time. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

The 100-125 year problems are coming around again. Pretty soon there will be a dust bowl in the south again. 100 year floods are due too. 

Some areas have already experienced them recently.  Hell, when I was in Louisiana I went thru 2 of them over a few short years.  It was definitely a WTF moment.

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

They need to close everything down for 2 weeks. Everything. If you can’t work from home then it needs to be closed. A few exceptions to the rule of course. Groceries online and pickup only. Gas stations closed except for pumps. Pharmacies open but rules are different. Restaurants closed. Parks and greenways closed. I’m even down with some sort of martial law. Americans are entitled, stupid, and hard headed. Anyone breaking the law gets fined and possible jail time. 

Agreed, seemingly half of everything is considered essential.  Lots of people still moving around.  

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

That's what I said a long time ago. The problem is that in the link I posted awhile back from the South Korean expert, he specifically said that up to 20% of carriers are asymptomatic. You'd still have a lot of people out and about after those 14 days who were unknowing carriers. At the end of that day, that's why the only real way to get ahead of this is very widespread testing, you know like the countries who have actually managed this situation well did from the very beginning. With the disease already widespread here, we're basically left with no choice but to try to limit people's movement for long enough to allow the disease to completely run it's course and for people to no longer be contagious. These stay at home mandates will likely end up lasting into mid-summer.

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

Agreed, seemingly half of everything is considered essential.  Lots of people still moving around.  

Right - essential is such a vague word. Essential to who? Essential for what reasons? If these cashiers are Lowe’s and Teeter are deemed “essential” then they damn will need to be compensated like that. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's what I said a long time ago. The problem is that in the link I posted awhile back from the South Korean expert, he specifically said that up to 20% of carriers are asymptomatic. You'd still have a lot of people out and about after those 14 days who were unknowing carriers. At the end of that day, that's why the only real way to get ahead of this is very widespread testing, you know like the countries who have actually managed this situation well did from the very beginning. With the disease already widespread here, we're basically left with no choice but to try to limit people's movement for long enough to allow the disease to completely run it's course and for people to no longer be contagious. These stay at home mandates will likely end up lasting into mid-summer.

They should have nipped this poo in the bud from the start. The government new this crap was gonna blow up here. They are privy to info that public don’t know about. 

Suck it up, stay at home and let’s try and open up in the summer when people want to travel and go on vacations and spend money. 

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, all the experts have said that if they could wave a magic want that kept everyone at home (and family members 6ft from each other) this thing would be over in 2-3 weeks. 

These half measures are just going to prolong it. People are now reporting that they are getting it even though they haven’t left the house in 3 weeks except for groceries. Jeez, I wonder where they got it....

Everyday I look outside and neighbors are standing in groups right next to each other talking away. WTF!

Edited by Tbe

Not to get too politically opinionated here in the main forum - but hopefully this pandemic has opened the eyes of some people. Slapped some people in the face that needed a good slapping and revealed how fuged up this country is. I mean last week you had politicians telling old people they need to be prepared to die for the economy.