• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

I’m not trying to gain favor. I simply hate to see American families, suffer. These are dark days, and I pray we come out of this. Unfortunately, until there is a vaccine I don’t think we will completely recover, there will just be wave after wave of this because it spreads too fast. If you don’t agree with my view, I understand and that’s your right.

bud just take the political talk to tinderbox, nobody on the main forum wants to talk about politics. many people here avoid the tinderbox for a good reason.  there is a seperate subforum for politics, there's no need to plaster it all over the main forum. people here are coming here for facts and updates not for political agendas and opinions. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

6 minutes ago, beo said:

bud just take the political talk to tinderbox, nobody on the main forum wants to talk about politics. many people here avoid the tinderbox for a good reason.  there is a seperate subforum for politics, there's no need to plaster it all over the main forum. people here are coming here for facts and updates not for political agendas and opinions. 

Bud, not trying to be political. My post was in response to a poster who claims that talking positive about our President puts you on a mod list. I think our President is partially responsible for the density of our infected. I am not Republican nor Democrat, I am independent. I’m just explaining why I feel the way I do about our current administration, when others want to defend them.

• Poo 2

5 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Bud, not trying to be political. My post was in response to a poster who claims that talking positive about our President puts you on a mod list. I think our President is partially responsible for the density of our infected. I am not Republican nor Democrat, I am independent. I’m just explaining why I feel the way I do about our current administration, when others want to defend them.

we get it already

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, philit99 said:

the ones earlier weren't, and what you just described is literally a political opinion. there is a thread on TB for coronavirus no? just post it there. no hard feelings, you seem like a fine person even though i disagree with you, im just saying that this thread is primarily for facts and statistics/information relating to the virus, not for opinions relating to the virus. there is a diff thread for those.

Maybe the Japanese bowing will catch hold here in America, haha.  I doubt it, we would be too cool for that.  No hugging, no hand shaking.  The elbow touching seems a bit stupid and wonky.

Not sure what will replace it if it goes

16 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Bud, not trying to be political. My post was in response to a poster who claims that talking positive about our President puts you on a mod list. I think our President is wholly responsible for the density of our infected. I am not Republican nor Democrat, I am independent. I’m just explaining why I feel the way I do about our current administration, when others want to defend them.

FIFY. The president is the leader of the free nation. A leader with no ability to take responsibility, thus a leader doomed to fail. We have known about this for a long time, we had ample time to prepare. Instead, here we are now. 

The people arguing with you here are trying to subvert this thread into a rightwing tinderbox, for obvious reasons. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

FIFY. The president is the leader of the free nation. A leader with no ability to take responsibility, thus a leader doomed to fail. We have known about this for a long time, we had ample time to prepare. Instead, here we are now. 

The people arguing with you here are trying to subvert this thread into a rightwing tinderbox, for obvious reasons. 

Ya'll can use this if you'd like.  "rightwing" tinderbox?  Up is down, left is right, black is white and water is dry.

Finger pointing Memes

13 minutes ago, bull123 said:

At this point a vaccine does seem a ways away

what we need is a treatment...so when we do get the virus,  it doesn’t turn into a gravely ill situation 

this needs to come quickly and all possibilities should be considered 

I agree. However, will the treatment prevent spreading, that is the hard part. Treating symptoms and easing the pain of those infected is a great goal and obtainable, but until we can prevent this thing from spreading so easily, we may remain locked up in our homes, and businesses will continue to run lean. This thing spreads like wildfire, mainly because people spread it without knowing they are sick, I have never seen anything like this. I also wonder about the lungs of those that recover? Will they be permanently damaged? There is still a lot to learn about this disease.

4 minutes ago, stirs said:

When do you think we will see baseball season start?

Next year at the earliest. I have heard maybe sports could get back to normal around Thanksgiving, that came from a line in one of those Wall Street Journal articles I read. I don't have the source handy, so consider it a fallacy.

In mid-March, we were being told 1.7 million might die, now, we are being told 60k.

Will our looking back help prevention of the disease and ones like it in the future?  I certainly hope so.  But, will it also give us pause about how headlines are made for clicks and what it does to a society filled not with knowledge, but fear?  I certainly hope so.  Most Americans can rest easy now that they have enough toilet paper to pass down to their grandkids when they pass away.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, beo said:

the ones earlier weren't, and what you just described is literally a political opinion. there is a thread on TB for coronavirus no? just post it there. no hard feelings, you seem like a fine person even though i disagree with you, im just saying that this thread is primarily for facts and statistics/information relating to the virus, not for opinions relating to the virus. there is a diff thread for those.

Disagreeing is ok, its part of being American. I'll leave my opinion above and we can move on.