• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

54 minutes ago, stirs said:

The new plasma treatment is certainly good news.  Not the vaccine, but a possible 1/3 less deaths and strain on the healthcare system is certainly a good start.

Except the clinical trials that have been ongoing for several months at such places as the Mayo Clinic, UCLA Medical Center, etc., have not shown any definitive results.

But Trump needs any piece of sh!t he throws to stick to a wall somewhere.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Except the clinical trials that have been ongoing for several months at such places as the Mayo Clinic, UCLA Medical Center, etc., have not shown any definitive results.

But Trump needs any piece of sh!t he throws to stick to a wall somewhere.

Yes Pollyanna, but that was explained in the press conference.  You'd rather let folks die and put off for 6 more months to get the "official" results?  Mayo clinic got big gov money for the trials.  We average losing 1k per day and if we can save 3-400 people, you don't think it worth a shot?

1 hour ago, stirs said:

Yes Pollyanna, but that was explained in the press conference.  You'd rather let folks die and put off for 6 more months to get the "official" results?  Mayo clinic got big gov money for the trials.  We average losing 1k per day and if we can save 3-400 people, you don't think it worth a shot?

It's not an all or nothing proposition, you fugging idiot. But, while he's at it, why not go ahead and approve hydroxychloroquine, too? That's shown as much efficacy as the blood plasma treatment. Not to worry, though, I'm sure Trump's medical expert (you know her- she believes in alien sperm, lizard people among other things) will have some great news for us when she speaks at the convention next week.

Again, there's no indication this will save 3-400 people, but if it proves itself as a therapeutic recovery at some point, then I'm good with that. But while you want to get pissy with me because, according to your feeble mind, I'd "rather let folks die," let's not forget your president has, as of today, still not come up with a plan to combat the virus and 176,000 people are dead on Sunday, August 23, 2020.

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

It's not an all or nothing proposition, you fugging idiot. But, while he's at it, why not go ahead and approve hydroxychloroquine, too? That's shown as much efficacy as the blood plasma treatment. Not to worry, though, I'm sure Trump's medical expert (you know her- she believes in alien sperm, lizard people among other things) will have some great news for us when she speaks at the convention next week.

Again, there's no indication this will save 3-400 people, but if it proves itself as a therapeutic recovery at some point, then I'm good with that. But while you want to get pissy with me because, according to your feeble mind, I'd "rather let folks die," let's not forget your president has, as of today, still not come up with a plan to combat the virus and 176,000 people are dead on Sunday, August 23, 2020.

A bit jaded there aren't you Pollyanna.

You forgot Russia and the post office.  And he is as much your president as he is mine.

Still, I hope the plasma release helps a ton of people.  Maybe for you guys that are sooo caught up in the politics, people can still die until someone new is elected, then you can pull for the sick people.  Us feeble minded folk will want whatever can help as soon as possible.

8 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Just a question, what "Plan" do you want to combat the Virus? There is many plans in place, and many behind the scenes work already going on. The Government is already doing what they are meant to do....funding, mitigation and facilitation.. that is all they can legally do.

8 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

Just a question, what "Plan" do you want to combat the Virus? There is many plans in place, and many behind the scenes work already going on. The Government is already doing what they are meant to do....funding, mitigation and facilitation.. that is all they can legally do.

Some are ultra political in nature and find that their favorite pol has had a hand in all good and that the opposition has a hand in all that is bad.

Basically, from the beginning, our country, from the bottom to the top, left and right, have made what we now know as mistakes.  If no vaccine comes into view by January, then the next administration will have to deal with it.  And then, everyone will change their story.  Trump folks will say Biden could have had this thing whipped if he were Trump and ABH will say, "you fugging idiot, he is doing everything he can".

It's just the same push button response we get from most TBox guys.

Never do they detail what is good, just that the opposite of Trump, is apparently the only good they see.  Whether Trump or Biden is in office in late January, without a vaccine, we will still struggle through this mess for awhile longer

24 minutes ago, stirs said:

Some are ultra political in nature and find that their favorite pol has had a hand in all good and that the opposition has a hand in all that is bad.

Basically, from the beginning, our country, from the bottom to the top, left and right, have made what we now know as mistakes.  If no vaccine comes into view by January, then the next administration will have to deal with it.  And then, everyone will change their story.  Trump folks will say Biden could have had this thing whipped if he were Trump and ABH will say, "you fugging idiot, he is doing everything he can".

It's just the same push button response we get from most TBox guys.

Never do they detail what is good, just that the opposite of Trump, is apparently the only good they see.  Whether Trump or Biden is in office in late January, without a vaccine, we will still struggle through this mess for awhile longer

Oh, I never said mistakes weren't made they definitely were. I question the plan, because for some reason people seem to think Biden could have handled it differently. It is anecdotal evidence that Biden could have handled it differently. People are too focused on what Trump said "It will go away", "Hoax" etc.. which did not change the outcome on response from Federal and local governments. I do not see this Virus as political.. however, a lot of people do. FYI, Biden said in one of his ads that he would do a  nationwide mandatory mask mandate, he can't. It cannot even be approved directly through congress, has to be put under an already existing clause. Now, congress can use the Spending Clause and the Commerce Clause to impose a mandate, but again, it has to go through Congress. This means depending on the scope, and the outcome of Congress, there may not be an existing Federal mechanism suitable to enforce a nationwide mask mandate. 

Edited by Devil Doc

1 minute ago, Devil Doc said:

Oh, I never said mistakes weren't made they definitely were. I question the plan, because for some reason people seem to think Biden could have handled it differently. It is anecdotal evidence that Biden could have handled it differently. People are too focused on what Trump said "It will go away", "Hoax" etc.. which did not change the outcome on response from Federal and local governments. I do not see this Virus as political.. however, a lot of people do. FYI, Biden said in one of his ads that he would do a  nationwide mandatory mask mandate, he can't. It cannot even be approved directly through congress, has to be put under an already existing clause. Now, congress can use the Spending Clause and the Commerce Clause to impose a mandate, but again, it has to go through Congress. 

True

Because Trump talks like a spoiled teenager, or worse, people automatically dismiss what he does because of what he says.  It's like they would rather a politician lie to their face with grace and poise, than to listen to someone lie like a spoiled brat, haha.

And it does not matter what the law is, people will believe what they want to believe.  Biden can say anything now and will not be questioned, so most don't care whether it would do any good or can be done by law.  It is just that is something different than Trump, so it has to be good.

7 minutes ago, stirs said:

True

Because Trump talks like a spoiled teenager, or worse, people automatically dismiss what he does because of what he says.  It's like they would rather a politician lie to their face with grace and poise, than to listen to someone lie like a spoiled brat, haha.

And it does not matter what the law is, people will believe what they want to believe.  Biden can say anything now and will not be questioned, so most don't care whether it would do any good or can be done by law.  It is just that is something different than Trump, so it has to be good.

I do not get focused too much on what Trump says, I look at the actions. I have had numerous people say, the federal government isn't helping.. blah blah. I have personally been on PPE missions for the Federal/State Governments, my first mission was back in March. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Doc said:

I do not get focused too much on what Trump says, I look at the actions. I have had numerous people say, the federal government isn't helping.. blah blah. I have personally been on PPE missions for the Federal/State Governments, my first mission was back in March. 

Yep.

As the Covid world turns.

Seems like the biggest thing was N95 masks, then ventilators, and on and on.  With each crisis comes the realization that maybe it was not a big a crisis as stated.  Toilet paper seemed like a crisis 5 years ago.  Sooo much info has come and gone since all this started.  But it still goes back to what we knew.

Keep the old and sick/health issues isolated, and 90% of your problem solved.  For some reason, we have taken the approach that everyone had to isolated, which meant nobody got isolated.  It might have been cruel to lock up the elderly, so to speak, but because we did not, the virus seemed to ravage senior homes as expected.  It happened in other countries too.  UK and Italy had same issues.  But yeah, Biden could have fixed all that, haha.  Actually, I doubt any politician could have fixed it.  They could have talked about it better, made us think they "cared" haha, but doubt the actual responses would have been a lot more effective

5 minutes ago, stirs said:

Yep.

As the Covid world turns.

Seems like the biggest thing was N95 masks, then ventilators, and on and on.  With each crisis comes the realization that maybe it was not a big a crisis as stated.  Toilet paper seemed like a crisis 5 years ago.  Sooo much info has come and gone since all this started.  But it still goes back to what we knew.

Keep the old and sick/health issues isolated, and 90% of your problem solved.  For some reason, we have taken the approach that everyone had to isolated, which meant nobody got isolated.  It might have been cruel to lock up the elderly, so to speak, but because we did not, the virus seemed to ravage senior homes as expected.  It happened in other countries too.  UK and Italy had same issues.  But yeah, Biden could have fixed all that, haha.  Actually, I doubt any politician could have fixed it.  They could have talked about it better, made us think they "cared" haha, but doubt the actual responses would have been a lot more effective

The scary thing is.. is people think the disagreements on lock-downs, mask, response, treatments etc... is only because of Trump, or certain people. Back in 1918, there was the same uncertainties and disagreements on treatments and response during a Pandemic.. I wonder what was going on during that time...

Edited by Devil Doc

6 hours ago, Devil Doc said:

The scary thing is.. is people think the disagreements on lock-downs, mask, response, treatments etc... is only because of Trump, or certain people. Back in 1918, there was the same uncertainties and disagreements on treatments and response during a Pandemic.. I wonder what was going on during that time...

You shouldn’t be able to compare our response and approach on this virus to how we did in 1918. 

They got information by mail, telegraph, or newspapers. It would take days at times to spread word. The population density was much less, and science and knowledge and schooling isn’t what it is today. We should have, and have the expectation that we would respond better than in 1918 when it comes to knowledge, masks etc 

32 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

You shouldn’t be able to compare our response and approach on this virus to how we did in 1918. 

They got information by mail, telegraph, or newspapers. It would take days at times to spread word. The population density was much less, and science and knowledge and schooling isn’t what it is today. We should have, and have the expectation that we would respond better than in 1918 when it comes to knowledge, masks etc 

Well, not exactly. There was still Public Health experts, and leaders that would not follow what other experts did either. "The Social climate was one of insecurity and fear, as the population questioned the effectiveness of the control measures that were undertaken. Including the school and church closures, banning of public events and hospital visits" This was written in 1918. It is eerily similar to today.