• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Score Predictions For Panthers@Saints

Fade2BlackAndBlue

my thoughts exactly. yeah, good win at AZ, but Buffalo was just a week before. Have they come that far in one week??

Carolina domianted that Buffalo game.....that was just an example of the absurd play of Jake Delhomme giving the game to a team. Jake didn't just turn it over early this season....he turned it over and gave points to opponents. Nothing to the D could do. So no, the Panthers haven't come that far....but as a team they are much better than the record shows....and teams have done little w/o Jake's help.

eh, if you have watched Carolina play this year (and the nation hasn't) it is painfully obvious that one man is responsible for the Panthers underachieving and "looking" bad. Jake Delhomme. Carolina doesn't need much change from what they have done all season. If Jake doesn't turn the ball over....and put them in automatic scoring position...Carolina can play w/ anyone. Granted ST is a concern put all teams have concerns....what Jake did early on was absurd. I don't think we are that big of homers that if it is assumed Jake is controlled...Carolina makes a game of it.

You're making the assumption of the year if you think Jake Delhomme will have a good game. Seeing as how, well, he's yet to have a truly good game all season long. His best game was last week when he completed 7 passes for 90 yards.

2 straight mediocre performances is way too much to expect from him at this point. I have a bad feeling about what Darren Sharper is going to do on Sunday.

You're making the assumption of the year if you think Jake Delhomme will have a good game. Seeing as how, well, he's yet to have a truly good game all season long. His best game was last week when he completed 7 passes for 90 yards.

2 straight mediocre performances is way too much to expect from him at this point. I have a bad feeling about what Darren Sharper is going to do on Sunday.

I'm not assuming Jake has a good game. Fox let Jake be a liability early on. All Carolina needs to do is keep Jake from being a liability.....that really isn't as hard as it sounds.

Fox could have won that Buffalo game. The Philly game could have been a game also.

can't we just pretend we have a good team for a week and be happy? Its been more fun on here this week than all season.

meanwhile for saints fans it's

can't we just pretend we have a good team for a season and be happy? Its been more fun this year than all the years the saints have had a team.

meanwhile for saints fans it's

I dont think any saints fan expects the panthers fans to say we have a good team this years, no one else did that we faced. Thou I have to hand it to the patriots fans, they believe we will be their hardest game, but provide constructive criticism about our turn overs and penalties. Something the Pats dont do. you know football talk.

Saints - 31

Panthers - 24

Panthers come out of the gates fast, but the Saints score twice in the waining minutes and the Panthers can't regain the lead.

-Alternate Outcome-

Saints - 31

Panthers - 35

Saints kick a field goal to break the tie-score, but Jake hooks up with Smith for a long touchdown to win it.

-Alternate Outcome 2-

Saints - 45

Panthers - 14

The Panthers hold a lead at the end of the first quarter, but the Saints offense takes over and the Panthers cannot slow them down.

Too much homerism in this thread. If you take a look at this game from an unbiased point of view, you *should* reach the conclusion that the Saints will win and will win by a pretty large margin.

If anyone needs to come back down to earth, it's our fans in this thread that have taken *one* good win we've had this season and think we're world-beaters now.

While I wouldn't be surprised if we win because of our incredible track record in New Orleans, my prediction is:

Saints 38

Panthers 16

Thank God for a voice of reason. The guys in Vegas who handicap these games for a living have the Panthers a 13 point dog.

Sure, we beat the Cardinals, but the OC/Fox was afraid to let Jake put the ball in the air. He did not throw one time in the second half.

The Saints have shown themselves to be able to put a ton of points on the board and they're able to do it both on the ground and through the air.

This one isn't close.

Saints 42

Panthers 17

(Check the prediction thread for the Arizona game. I picked the Panthers to win. I call it like I see it.)

eh, if you have watched Carolina play this year (and the nation hasn't) it is painfully obvious that one man is responsible for the Panthers underachieving and "looking" bad. Jake Delhomme. Carolina doesn't need much change from what they have done all season. If Jake doesn't turn the ball over....and put them in automatic scoring position...Carolina can play w/ anyone. Granted ST is a concern put all teams have concerns....what Jake did early on was absurd. I don't think we are that big of homers that if it is assumed Jake is controlled...Carolina makes a game of it.

Well, if Jake is problem number 1 (and I agree) the Special Teams is hot on his heels in a close second-place. The play of the Panther's Special Teams has been absurdly bad.

Archived