• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

the joker dante wesley

rayzor

Yeah I would love to see Harris lay another lick on somebodys ass like he had on Brandon Jacobs.
a hit like that would break 90% of the players on that team. that team has been so fragile for so long...it's really remarkable just how healthy they have been for so long.

it's only a matter of time.

Yeah I would love to see Harris lay another lick on somebodys ass like he had on Brandon Jacobs.

hell, even gamble... harris and gamble both laid the lumber against AZ recievers. another game like they had last week and it's lights out for colston and co.

Really makes you wonder how good this defense will be at the end of the year once it's fully installed and all the players fully integrated. I guess this settles the debate as to whether or not Meeks was just a puppet, we never saw these kind of things out of Del Rio or Trgovac, and the level of creativity is definitely a sign that Fox is letting Meeks do what he wants on defense. I am really excited to see how we do against New Orleans this weekend.

Creativity...lol

We arent doing anything new out there..just doing whats asked good.

I heard on the radio Sunday that he called the player on Tampa's team and apologized to him and told him that it was an accident. He also called Goodell and did the same thing - said Goodell said that he understood but had to protect players. He said that other players on Tampa who he knew had attested that he wasn't a dirty player. It was a nice interview.

I heard on the radio Sunday that he called the player on Tampa's team and apologized to him and told him that it was an accident. He also called Goodell and did the same thing - said Goodell said that he understood but had to protect players. He said that other players on Tampa who he knew had attested that he wasn't a dirty player. It was a nice interview.
i heard a lot of that as well.

i like what smith said about wesley that was also in that article...

After Sunday’s game, wide receiver Steve Smith went out of his way to talk about Wesley’s contributions on defense.

“The one guy I’m actually really proud of personally is Dante Wesley,” Smith said. “He’s really been considered a special teams guy most of his career and he really came out there and played outstanding. He had some key stops. Just knowing Dante and being around him for so long and knowing him, just watching that I was real happy for him as a teammate to see him get his opportunity.”

Smith said he likes Wesley because he’s a guy that never complains about his role, but just goes out and does his job every day in practice.

“He’s never griped about not being out there and he got his chance,” Smith said. “They say sometimes you get what you wish for and he got it. He took full advantage of it and he did an outstanding job.”

Meeks is getting more and more creative with this defense as the players are becoming comfortable in it. I'm eager to see how the defense as a whole evolves by season's end.

We were all down on Meeks for a while, but it looks like he is doing exactly what we thought he would do: playing to each player's strengths.

Anyone that knows about football knows we were gonna have growing pains the first part of the season. They are becoming less and less. With that said Martin was a key factor in our D being better last week. Godfrey has really had a hard time learning his new role.

Anyone that knows about football knows we were gonna have growing pains the first part of the season. They are becoming less and less. With that said Martin was a key factor in our D being better last week. Godfrey has really had a hard time learning his new role.

Oh I agree, especially considering the several injuries on the defensive line. But there were a lot of posters here who went from worshipping Meeks as a defensive genius to wishing Turgovac was back in his place.

:D

Oh I agree, especially considering the several injuries on the defensive line. But there were a lot of posters here who went from worshiping Meeks as a defensive genius to wishing Turgovac was back in his place.

:D

This is true. Then again it hard to have a good D when your QB throws 3+ picks a game. Our D has been alot better since Jake cut that out. Most of them were just mad at everyone.

Wait, what happened to the notion that Fox would never let Meeks do anything creative?

He wasn't. I think in the state we were in during the bye week he finally let Meeks run the show. Our D all of a sudden was getting better pressure and shutting down the running game right after the bye. It makes me think Fox finally gave up trying to run the show and let Meeks get a chance. Either that or Hollis Thomas is just that great of a DT.

He wasn't. I think in the state we were in during the bye week he finally let Meeks run the show. Our D all of a sudden was getting better pressure and shutting down the running game right after the bye. It makes me think Fox finally gave up trying to run the show and let Meeks get a chance. Either that or Hollis Thomas is just that great of a DT.

That's pure bullshit. Meeks took control of that defense from day 1 of his arrival. Sure, Fox approves of the game plans, but he is not holding Meeks back in any way and he never has. Nor did he hold Trgovac or Henning back. Remember, Henning was the first guy in the NFL to run the wildcat and it happened here, not in Miami.

Archived