• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Film Breakdown: Kenny Robinson

Untouchable

I would rather have a coverage ballhawking FS than a tackling FS. He has potential for sure. I really hope him and Chinn become a good tandem, they have all of the physical tools that we fans have dreamed about for so long in the safety position.  

Boston finally got a multiyear deal and is immediately upgraded in the draft. Competition is going to be fun to watch for once in this unit. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hey, strength of deep coverage is what I want to see in a FS. I've been begging for a true over the top sideline to sideline FS for years. Hopefully this guy can develop into that.

You and me both, brother! 

Going back to the first post citing "glut of safeties."  Warm bodies does not constitute a glut.  I guess all the guys listed a DBs on the roster is being assumed as safeties.  I can honestly say, none of those guys would be on many other team's 53.  The 4 guys listed as actual safeties will more than likely be our depth chart for that position.  Those 'DB' guys...one, at most, will stick.  

Most modern NFL teams value the safety position enough to try to have 4 legitimate safeties on the roster.  Hopefully we finally have that now.

In years past, we hit a couple of one-year wonders (Mike Mitchell in 2013 & Kurt Coleman in 2015) but for the most part over the last decade, we have had 2 starters who would not have started for many teams and Colin Jones backing them up.

I think the plan is good for Boston and Burris to be the starters going into TC and see what we have with Chinn & Robinson.  The rest of the safeties are camp fodder unless injuries.

Archived