• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Snow/Rhule Might Be On To Something

Untouchable

48 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

If a team loses most of their back seven (or eight, I guess), hires a coach who uses more defensive backs, and then trades up to draft a safety....I'd say probably? 

No comment on Little. Different case. Coaching staff change, ownership newly involved on the football side, etc.

It was sarcasm. I agree that a second round pick should contribute. Getting contributions from only your first rounder isn’t a good thing. People in here were giving all kinds of excuses last year about Little as if pick 37 shouldn’t contribute year 1.

7 hours ago, Wes21 said:

One thing I've grown to appreciate over the years is how many coaches in the NFL aren't really "football minds," they just learned to do something and got really good at doing it over the years.  When faced with the potential of doing something different, they can't or won't.

Path of least resistance. Common to so many walks of life.

And the gray matter gets rigid for most, sooner or later.

10 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think I've ever seen the three high safety look with a four man front. IMO, one of the most intriguing elements about this season is exactly what our defensive system is going to look like.

People are putting too much stock into what Rhule said about a 4 man front being our base. 

If I remember correctly that was said before the draft, at that point there Is zero reason for him to be specific or even honest about what our plans are defensively this up coming season.

They had a lot of success at Baylor running a 3-3-5, along with what they did in the draft it would be naïve to think we weren't going to run that alignment at least some of the time.

Also people need to remember that in today's NFL, your base is actually the exception not the norm.

12 hours ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

Path of least resistance. Common to so many walks of life.

And the gray matter gets rigid for most, sooner or later.

I see this a lot in my business, and life in general.

Football coaches are no different...well, to be honest, they are more different, they are even more stubborn than most.

Archived