• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Speed kills

Squirrel

30 minutes ago, t96 said:

What a bust of a signing. Not quite Kalil level bad but man that was a misfire if I’ve ever seen one.

ANNNND....

With what we had at LG, tragic. 

You can hide a weak OL at times, but you cannot hide 2--especially when the play 9 inches apart.

1 hour ago, t96 said:

What a bust of a signing. Not quite Kalil level bad but man that was a misfire if I’ve ever seen one.

Um, might be as bad. Felt like he was worse than Kalil in 2017. Kalil also got much better at run blocking at the end of 2017. Paradis brought the entire OL down with him. Our OL last year was far worse than 2017. That’s how good CMC truly was, those highlights of him getting around bad blocks last year was incredible. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I hope that the leg was just not strong enough, but Denver could have kept him and chose not to do so. 

I would not be surprised to see Reed get a look at C.  He has some experience there--just not in the NFL. 

I really wanted that Michigan Center in the draft, but in the second round.  He is ready to play now.  However, it worked out, at least on paper.

McCoy in 2019 was my pick. Could have had him and Bobby Evans (nice fill in for Turner/Van Roten) instead of Little. Funny that Ruiz (your guy) and McCoy both ended up on the Saints. Weird that they seem to value interior OL picks recently after losing Unger and Peat. After losing Norwell and then Kalil (Ryan), we trade away Turner and Marty has yet to draft a single C or G in 3 drafts. Two of those drafts were loaded with interior OL and we got none. It’s the reason why even with Matt Kalil we went from a decent OL to absolute trash in two years and destroyed Cam. Amazingly, we now have an OL with 1, unfortunately it’s Paradis, starting OL signed after 2020.

5 hours ago, stbugs said:

Only in here would we diminish an all time great WR to make Ginn a potential all time great if he had hands. 

Yep. There are plenty of WRs much better than Ginn whose hands are as bad as or worse than his and they aren’t near being all time greats. Ginn was a one dimensional deep threat. His speed is matched by few, and that’s the only reason he’s still in the league. He’s not a good WR even aside from his hands.

Archived