• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron says don't bet against Cam Newton

kungfoodude

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If I'm Cam, offering my services at a discount, I'm gonna be rather particular as to whom I sign with.  Just saying, there is only one Belichick in the league. 

Not signing up with Ron for a reunion tour at those prices.

Teddy made the same move and it netted him a fat contract. If you are gonna take a short deal, make it the best platform/situation to make your next deal a monster. Cam knows what he is doing.

Heard some dude yelling camp fodder on their forum and several others saying he will fight for a back up spot. Time for all the Cam race baiters to head for Boston. You'll have a field day! Those douchee bag Patriot fans do not deserve him! 1 out of 5 posters loved it. Fugging sick group over there. Go Stidham. They deserve only Stiham and Hoyer. I'm happy for Cam but disgusted by the situation!

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Heard some dude yelling camp fodder on their forum and several others saying he will fight for a back up spot. Time for all the Cam race baiters to head for Boston. You'll have a field day! Those douchee bag Patriot fans do not deserve him! 1 out of 5 posters loved it. Fugging sick group over there. Go Stidham. They deserve only Stiham and Hoyer. I'm happy for Cam but disgusted by the situation!

You couldn't pick a more nightmare scenario. If ya'll thought he got dogged by racists here, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Rivera is who he is because Cam carried his offense, Luke and TD carried his defense.   Without these exceptional talents and leaders, he cannot win in Washington.  Young / Peppers is a fair comparison, and he will have a pass rush in Washington, but after that? 

13 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

If I'm Cam, offering my services at a discount, I'm gonna be rather particular as to whom I sign with.  Just saying, there is only one Belichick in the league. 

I agree, but time will tell how much of this was Cam's choice---This sounds like a Patriot move---take a flyer---but the fact that even New England--with their QB situation--did not talk to Cam until the price hit rock bottom (assumed) suggests that Cam was not driving this bus.

Think about it---in January-March, there were Huddlers who were saying that we could get a first rounder for Cam.  Cam was asking for "commitment," which suggests that he was looking for a 3-5 year deal in the $30-35m range. 

We could not get a trade offer for Cam.  He was not picked up---yes, there was a virus preventing some degree of interaction, but the medicals (x-rays, prognoses, etc.) were available.  A healthy Cam sends those out like Circus flyers.  So when Cam was available without a trade, he hears crickets.  Over the past few months, his price was dropping---no takers at backup QB money.  His price drops and bounces on the floor.  Only at that time does a team make a vet min, 1-year deal.  If this were a poker game, it sure seems as if Cam had a king-high bluff and all other players at the table had a low pair, unwilling to push out chips.  The pats lose the ante if Cam sucks and they win a big "all in" if Cam recovers. 

1 hour ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You couldn't pick a more nightmare scenario. If ya'll thought he got dogged by racists here, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

No matter where Cam ended up, there are going to be racists who just don't want a black QB on their team. I don't understand how those weirdos even enjoy watching football since the league is 70% black. I guess as long as the QB is white, they love it. 

13 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Agreed.

Thank the lord there was no reunion tour. 

Archived