• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Johnson bench-press over 500 pounds

scpanther22

:eek:

Defensive end Charles Johnson might just be the strongest guy on the team. He said he can bench-press over 500 pounds. Johnson is learning how to use his strength to his advantage, which is really helping with his pass rush this season.

http://reederstake.freedomblogging.com/2009/11/05/some-quickie-notes-from-the-locker-room/2463/

.Moose has a sprained MCL in his knee..same thing davis and beason had this year.

Bernadeau might give him a run for his money, considering he's twice won a "World's Strongest Athlete" competition.

Which is one reason I would love to see them use Bernadeau as a blocking TE in this game. It's a good way to take advantage of the Saints lack of size up front, and it would give Bernadeau some valuable experience in case he has to come in and play for an injured linemen sometime during the season. Granted, he would be filling in at guard or center if somebody gets hurt, but blocking is blocking.

I wonder how he stacks up with some of the other guys around the NFL... I remember when Kris Jenkins was still a Panther and did that strength contest at the pro-bwol one year... he did 225 lbs like 45 times... and came in third place.

33 reps, not 45.

The combine record is 43 reps

Archived