• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derrick Brown

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

He’s OK. I was responding to someone saying he heard he’s a top 10 run stopping DE. 3 solo tackles and no TFLs is not enough production to be top 10. The DL looked much better against Atlanta when Burns and YGM were playing. When they went out, there was a clear drop off. Weatherly’s been below average for us and he’s the starter playing as much as Burns. 

I have no clue if hes a 10 run defender as DE, no chance I could watch enough of other teams to believe that. He not even in the top ten list of issue/concerns I have for this team. Again with my focus being on DL, hes not weak-link. 

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Only thing I heard was his family didnt the area(schools, food choices, people, etc) just take with a grain of salt.

I remember reading the same thing on here, I think, but why then choose Buffalo lol?

Is there a large Mormon and/or Pacific Islander community in that area or something?

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Have you seen what other top DE get as far as solo tackles, PDs, etc? Please keep in mind hes being rotated.

He’s playing 60-70% of the snaps. He’s getting rotated but that’s not much different from where  we were before. Addison got 66% of the snaps in 2018 and 2019. Weatherly is at 64%. Rotation, sure but as the starter he’s getting the same snaps as our past starting DEs.

Burns isn’t supposed to be a run stopper but he’s got double the tackles, 3 TFLs compared to none, 4 times as many QB hits, more sacks and more FF (2 to none in both).

I know Burns is solid but he’s at 80 something in PFF to Weatherly’s 50 something and it’s apparent the level of disruption in the run and pass game. I hope YGM continues his progress because he’d make us better. People can bag on PFF but in this case I think they are spot on.

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I have no clue if hes a 10 run defender as DE, no chance I could watch enough of other teams to believe that. He not even in the top ten list of issue/concerns I have for this team. Again with my focus being on DL, hes not weak-link. 

I think he and Short are our weak links. Brown is coming into his own and Burns is already there. We don’t have a substitute for Short but I think YGM could replace Weatherly and improve us. The D has been playing way better than I expected but I hope you saw what I saw after Burns and YGM went out against Atlanta. The DL play went down a level.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

I remember reading the same thing on here, I think, but why then choose Buffalo lol?

Is there a large Mormon and/or Pacific Islander community in that area or something?

I believe Buffalo just gave him the greatest equalizer, more money. The food choices at stores are different form Utah to the NC/south. I have heard pacific lslander loooooved spam and NC at least had that. Most families brag on how southern people treat them. Not 100% of out-of-staters have that experience tho. 

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He’s playing 60-70% of the snaps. He’s getting rotated but that’s not much different from where  we were before. Addison got 66% of the snaps in 2018 and 2019. Weatherly is at 64%. Rotation, sure but as the starter he’s getting the same snaps as our past starting DEs.

Burns isn’t supposed to be a run stopper but he’s got double the tackles, 3 TFLs compared to none, 4 times as many QB hits, more sacks and more FF (2 to none in both).

I know Burns is solid but he’s at 80 something in PFF to Weatherly’s 50 something and it’s apparent the level of disruption in the run and pass game. I hope YGM continues his progress because he’d make us better. People can bag on PFF but in this case I think they are spot on.

Hes that high cause YGM and Burns have been nicked/injured. Panthers seem to want YGM to start and have Weartherly as a backup. Plus that 3 man front that Snow likes using, Weartherly is a starter there most times. Again for his role of #3, to me his play has been fine. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I believe Buffalo just gave him the greatest equalizer, more money. The food choices at stores are different form Utah to the NC/south. I have heard pacific lslander loooooved spam and NC at least had that. Most families brag on how southern people treat them. Not 100% of out-of-staters have that experience tho. 

I definitely get the food choices in stores thing having spent quite a bit of time up north where finding a good pimiento cheese option or even sometimes a pork butt is a goddamn exercise in futility but I would kinda figure that someone with Star’s means would have no difficulty acquiring any sort of specialty food item he required via delivery. Now I’m sure he would like dine out options but I have doubts that there are many Pacific Islander specific restaurants in Buffalo.

Maybe he really loves wings and honestly wouldn’t even blame him lol

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

I definitely get the food choices in stores thing having spent quite a bit of time up north where finding a good pimiento cheese option or even sometimes a pork butt is a goddamn exercise in futility but I would kinda figure that someone with Star’s means would have no difficulty acquiring any sort of specialty food item he required via delivery. Now I’m sure he would like dine out options but I have doubts that there are many Pacific Islander specific restaurants in Buffalo.

Maybe he really loves wings and honestly wouldn’t even blame him lol

Star has a couple kids and moving to a different area can be hell for everyone if they dont adjust. School and friends with the way kids are these days, plus if everyone hates the food and weather....well. I traveled some and I missed some home comfort foods. Ive heard countless yankees complain about italian foods in NC. They will drive 30 mins farther to a get better food choice and have sausages delivered. Plus they feel sweet tea is poison, too funny seeing the reaction when offered!  

2 hours ago, Bartin said:

Western NY is actually a bit of a Mormon haven. People from Utah are also culturally much more similar to people from the Rust belt than the South. Doesn't surprise me that he'd be more comfortable up there. 

Just now, bigthama said:

Western NY is actually a bit of a Mormon haven. People from Utah are also culturally much more similar to people from the Rust belt than the South. Doesn't surprise me that he'd be more comfortable up there. 

Interesting. Did not know that.

Archived