• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bear Down (or How Mike Davis is Foregoing the Lube)

Seltzer

19 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

rape is so funny

I mean to be fair he didn’t even make a joke about rape. He referenced the absurdity of Weinstein’s actions to analogize to comedic effect. What Weinstein did is merely factual. His joke didn’t make light of that in any way. In fact, the reason it’s funny is that it underscores the reprehensibility of his actions. 

2 hours ago, TheWinman said:

I can see you have never been to NYC or Detroit either.  Chicago people are far from rude compared to other big cities.   Go to the bad part of Detroit (the areas with houses still for sale for under $30k) then rethink your ignorant comments. 

Despite you little tirade filled with inaccuracies that was not meant for 99.9% of the members of this discussion board, just for a few Bears fan who would take the bait, I will enlighten you with my prediction.  Bears 31 Panthers 26.  You keep being like the media and many other haters who keep underestimating the Bears while the Bears keep winning games.  Don't hide after the game, please post.  I'm sure you're will be making some kind of excuse.  I can't wait

This really applies to you Gummy bear fans that the Panthers shouldn't be underestimated either. For one we are not under a conservative HC named Ron Rivera anymore so do not claim the Panthers will lose. This is a new Panthers team under a new regime with a new HC and staff and don't make this an automatic win for the Gummy bears. You better not hide after the game if Bears lose and make excuses. We can't wait.

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

This really applies to you Gummy bear fans that the Panthers shouldn't be underestimated either. For one we are not under a conservative HC named Ron Rivera anymore so do not claim the Panthers will lose. This is a new Panthers team under a new regime with a new HC and staff and don't make this an automatic win for the Gummy bears. You better not hide after the game if Bears lose and make excuses. We can't wait.

If Teddy beats them again can we call them the Teddy’s Bears

2 hours ago, TheWinman said:

I can see you have never been to NYC or Detroit either.  Chicago people are far from rude compared to other big cities.   Go to the bad part of Detroit (the areas with houses still for sale for under $30k) then rethink your ignorant comments. 

Despite you little tirade filled with inaccuracies that was not meant for 99.9% of the members of this discussion board, just for a few Bears fan who would take the bait, I will enlighten you with my prediction.  Bears 31 Panthers 26.  You keep being like the media and many other haters who keep underestimating the Bears while the Bears keep winning games.  Don't hide after the game, please post.  I'm sure you're will be making some kind of excuse.  I can't wait

I lived most of my life in outskirts of Detroit and you have no clue what you are talking about. People are rude and inconsiderate in Chicago as well as any other city. So you need to rethink ignorant comments like all of the ones you already made. When you get old enough then you can make a comment that doesn't look like a teenager made it.

1 hour ago, Jacabee said:

I mean to be fair he didn’t even make a joke about rape. He referenced the absurdity of Weinstein’s actions to analogize to comedic effect. What Weinstein did is merely factual. His joke didn’t make light of that in any way. In fact, the reason it’s funny is that it underscores the reprehensibility of his actions. 

Well said, satire and comedy in general is very misunderstood in this day and age. 

Also to the OP, nice SCP reference. This kind of reminded me of a more angry SCP post without the Google that poo references lol

Panthers have me very optimistic about the future, 3-4 wins was my expectation. Win or lose, this gonna be a close one! 

21 hours ago, cardiackat88. said:

Decent write-up about Chicago...but you missed a few things...

O'hare is the second shittiest airport in the world (behind Heathrow)

i have slept on probably three dozen airport floors in my lifetime and o'hare was by far the shittiest experience, beating out the exterior terminal deck of makassar's domestic airport and kiribati, a restored WWII runway with japanese aircraft revetments where the sleeping benches double as the luggage carts and the seat for the nation's only customs official.

fug o'hare, i'd rather land in the cratered remains of meigs field.

53 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

i have slept on probably three dozen airport floors in my lifetime and o'hare was by far the shittiest experience, beating out the exterior terminal deck of makassar's domestic airport and kiribati, a restored WWII runway with japanese aircraft revetments where the sleeping benches double as the luggage carts and the seat for the nation's only customs official.

fug o'hare, i'd rather land in the cratered remains of meigs field.

I am just now remembering lots of horrible small details that made my last flight into O'hare such a miserable nightmare.

(This was March 2020, a little before the COVID changes) They backlogged everyone when they arrived, and the entire bag retrieval area was elbow to elbow, must have been at least 300 people.

After an hour or more of waiting, I took my bag to some confusing area and they spoke really fast, threw it on a belt and turned around and walked away from me.

They sat us on our next flight and told us it was delayed to weather. We sat there about an hour and a half. The weather cleared up, and the flight crew informed us we would take off after we did refuel (why they couldn't in that time frame is beyond me) and as soon as they announced we were refueled, the straight up cancelled the flight (never ever heard of this). They herded everyone back inside and pulled out cots, it legit looked like a hurricane shelter. Then they closed every single store that would sell food or drinks.

I called my wife to just come get me, a six hour drive. This entire six hours was spent trying to track down my checked bag from the cancelled flight. Everyone I spoke to was completely clueless and seemed to have no idea how the baggage system worked.

Because I went downstairs to investigate the bags, I couldn't make it back up the stair to the cots and vending machines.

Anyways, that was my arrival. When I was leaving, they charged me an additional $500 for "not making my connecting flight" before I was allowed to check in. I was PISSED. I didn't really have the time or leverage to argue because I was heading back to my overseas job. I called an explained my experience and they offered my a Laurel and Hardy handshake, for the most part. (I know it was O'hare and not really the airline).

4 hours ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

This is exactly what you have been saying in the useless troll comments you are making because everything you say is full of B.S.. Go home kid mommy is calling you.

two posts, so you have no idea what I post anywhere.    Nice try though.  nice job snowflake.  kid? lmao   

Archived