• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Teddy is more than good enough" crowd

KSpan

giphy.gif

*This is just a nonsense and silly poo-post.*

In all seriousness the team is ahead of schedule and this is only one game against a good defense. Just making this thread to illustrate that it's not unreasonable to have a 'still observng' take at this point.

I look forward to continued level-headed discussion in the coming days.

27 minutes ago, Swedish Butt-Whistle said:

Truly an impressive four man rush today!  Not gonna put it all on TBridge

True, and as the credit deserved to be spread the past weeks as well. That's all many Teddy-agnostics are looking for.

5 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Dude has been off the grid for 3 weeks just to come back in here and poo on Bridgewater for having poo protection and drops all day against the leagues best defense. GTFO...

Off the grid? Me? Sorry man, but I've participated quite a bit in the Teddy threads as well as others.

Also, if you actually read what I wrote you'd know that I'm riffing the hyperbolic threads and not Teddy himself. Hell, my post actually does not reference Teddy at all. Perhaps you are the one who needs to GTFO.

7 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Off the grid? Me? Sorry man, but I've participated quite a bit in the Teddy threads as well as others.

Also, if you actually read what I wrote you'd know that I'm riffing the hyperbolic threads and not Teddy himself. Hell, my post actually does not reference Teddy at all. Perhaps you are the one who needs to GTFO.

So we’re going to pretend like you didn’t sarcastically rip off the OP title and gif from an Igo post two weeks ago?

12 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

So we’re going to pretend like you didn’t sarcastically rip off the OP title and gif from an Igo post two weeks ago?

I absolutely did; Jeremy and I traded a couple of comments in that thread. This is exactly why I self-labeled it a silly poo-post from the start and then told you I was '...riffing the hyperbolic threads...' How is this related at all to your prior comment?

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I absolutely did; Jeremy and I traded a couple of comments in that thread. This is exactly why I self-labeled it a silly poo-post from the start and then told you I was '...riffing the hyperbolic threads...' How is this related at all to your prior comment?

The statement that Teddy will never be a franchise QB is still silly. We just don't know yet. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The statement that Teddy will never be a franchise QB is still silly. We just don't know yet. 

Wait a second? We went from one week ago Teddy is better than future hall of farmers brees and Brady and potential future HOF QB Ryan to how we just don’t know yet if he’s a franchise QB? That’s fascinating and certainly silly.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Agreed, which is why I didn't say that here or elsewhere. I have my opinion about his ceiling (which I have stated elsewhere) but also always note that I'm open to evidence otherwise, and that at least a full year is needed. IMO today was not a positive data point.

Just curious, why does Teddy have to prove he can single handedly will our team to wins by himself before some people will accept him as our QB? Why is that the criteria for keeping him? How many QBs in the league can you even say that for? Mahomes and Russell Wilson? If that? Certainly not Deshaun Watson or Dak Prescott who have led their teams, who have more talent than the Panthers, to less wins (or equal if you want to give Dak the win against the Giants even though he was losing when he got injured) COMBINED than we have.

Or is it he's not allowed to have a subpar game against a good defense? How many Packers fans are hoping to tank for Trevor while Aaron Rodgers is 14-32 for 155 yards, 2 interceptions including a pick 6 and zero touchdowns?

Why do we have to argue that Bridgewater is those things instead of just arguing that he's doing an admirable job and does enough to keep us in any game we play? And for $21 million per year, that's good enough that the savings compared to Watson or Mahomes gives us the money to shore up our offensive line or defense. And is competent enough to let us get a blue chip defensive prospect in the draft instead of being desperate for the 5th ranked QB who will have half the hype of Sam Darnold or Blake Bortles coming in? That's my position. And today's game believe it or not, didn't change that

1 minute ago, Peon Awesome said:

Just curious, why does Teddy have to prove he can single handedly will our team to wins by himself before some people will accept him as our QB? Why is that the criteria for keeping him? How many QBs in the league can you even say that for? Mahomes and Russell Wilson? If that? Certainly not Deshaun Watson or Dak Prescott who have led their teams, who have more talent than the Panthers, to less wins (or equal if you want to give Dak the win against the Giants even though he was losing when he got injured) COMBINED than we have.

Or is it he's not allowed to have a subpar game against a good defense? How many Packers fans are hoping to tank for Trevor while Aaron Rodgers is 14-32 for 155 yards, 2 interceptions including a pick 6 and zero touchdowns?

Why do we have to argue that Bridgewater is those things instead of just arguing that he's doing an admirable job and does enough to keep us in any game we play? And for $21 million per year, that's good enough that the savings compared to Watson or Mahomes gives us the money to shore up our offensive line or defense. And is competent enough to let us get a blue chip defensive prospect in the draft instead of being desperate for the 5th ranked QB who will have half the hype of Sam Darnold or Blake Bortles coming in? That's my position. And today's game believe it or not, didn't change that

Aaron Rodgers on the season had 13 TDs and no interceptions going into today. That's why nobody is upset that he had a 2 INT game.

Its fine to have off days, but Teddy is going to need to show he can win games like today if he's going to be a QB we want to build around long-term. Otherwise, he's just a stopgap.

I like Teddy and want him to be that QB.  Jury is out if he is.

Archived