• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dirtiest play of the year

FeelTheBurns53

5 hours ago, Shotgun said:

When a team does that to your qb, you have to retaliate. Let the league know if you cheap shot our qb we are gonna do worse to yours.

Yup.  100%.  We should've been doing it and see how other teams like it.  I guarantee you if we do the crap that Saints and Falcons have done to our QBs over the years there would be all-out brawls and we'd have guys suspended for games...  but, we just keep taking it.

The trip I can deal with.  The guy is desperate and kicks out his leg.  The penalty is 10 yards and (I believe) a first down.  Fair enough. 

But, I was surprised the late hit to the head was not assessed on top of the trip.  That is something I thought the league would have changed when it was preaching player safety.  The logic for it always being either/or was that the late hit was part of the play, kind of like continuation in basketball.  That is the part I would have thought changed, making is "after the play."

51 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

The trip I can deal with.  The guy is desperate and kicks out his leg.  The penalty is 10 yards and (I believe) a first down.  Fair enough. 

But, I was surprised the late hit to the head was not assessed on top of the trip.  That is something I thought the league would have changed when it was preaching player safety.  The logic for it always being either/or was that the late hit was part of the play, kind of like continuation in basketball.  That is the part I would have thought changed, making is "after the play."

Reminds me of that outrageous play against Denver where Cam was speared in the head as he was throwing, and it wound up being a duck that they called grounding which cancelled out the dirty hit on Cam. I still can't fuging believe that poo. The league let that Broncos D get away with murder, there's really no explanation for why that poo was allowed.

Didn’t get to watch the game due to just getting hit with Hurricane Zeta and we’re currently without power, but I listened to the game on the radio and it definitely sounded like a pretty vicious shot. I know Teddy went back in but definitely hope he’s alright long term wise. 

Archived