• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I’ve watched about 20 mins of football this season and have some questions.

Hotsauce

Long story short, had some really challenging things going on in my life, have not been able to watch any football this season. 

With that said, I caught the 4Q of the Chiefs Panthers yesterday. I liked what I saw from coaching (aggressive, going for it on 4th and long), from Teddy, amazing scramble for a 1st down, and from a defense who apparently kept the Panthers in most of the game. Bad luck at the end, but they held their own against I’m assuming is a good Chiefs team?

From my super limited experience, future looks bright in Carolina, no?  I’ve got a couple of questions, if you guys wouldn’t mind catching me up on some things. 

Is Hurney still the GM?  If so, will he be going forward?

Do we roll with Bridgewater next year?  I think we signed him to 3 years right?  I don’t think we have the future QB on the bench right?  Seems like a good year to draft a decent QB 1st round to groom for the next 1-2 seasons. I assume we are going to have a decent draft pick. 

How is the rest of the team playing?  Any major holes?  Anyone stand out as a rising star?

Thank you guys in advance for catching up your boy on this season. 

Yea, Hurney is the GM still

Jeremy Chinn looks like everything the Cardinals thought they were drafting with Isaiah Simmons. He’s been in talks tor defensive rookie of the year. 

Robbie Anderson is looking like the best free agent deal of this past offseason. 

McCaffrey has been out with a high ankle sprain for many games. Mike Davis has played well in his absence and Curtis Samuel seems to be coming on. 

Secondary sucks. Rasul Douglas has looked the best there.  

Derrick Brown looks good. YGM also did but it was brief before he went out with injury. 

Some people think Bridgewater is our QB for the next 10 years and some want us to trade up in the draft this year for a QB. 

That mostly covers it

31 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Yea, Hurney is the GM still

Jeremy Chinn looks like everything the Cardinals thought they were drafting with Isaiah Simmons. He’s been in talks tor defensive rookie of the year. 

Robbie Anderson is looking like the best free agent deal of this past offseason. 

McCaffrey has been out with a high ankle sprain for many games. Mike Davis has played well in his absence and Curtis Samuel seems to be coming on. 

Secondary sucks. Rasul Douglas has looked the best there.  

Derrick Brown looks good. YGM also did but it was brief before he went out with injury. 

Some people think Bridgewater is our QB for the next 10 years and some want us to trade up in the draft this year for a QB. 

That mostly covers it

To add just a little more to this, Burns has been a stud and has 3 strip sacks to go with 18 (not including KC, which will be 2-3 more probably) QB pressures on the year. Also has been good against the run which some folks were concerned about. More than likely a building block and future superstar barring something unforeseen happening.

Sam Franklin has been a mixed bag in Burris' absence, allowing a lot but making some plays. Probably a good depth piece moving forward.

Donte Jackson has been a game of Russian roulette at corner. Flashy picks then gets torched the play after. I personally hope he'll do better once he's relegated to slot duty and not playing WRs out of his league, looked awful against KC.

Teddy has been solid but struggled on a few final drives in multiple games in recent weeks, See: Saints, Bears, Chiefs, Falcons. Still early, but he doesn't seem to do well when the pressure's high so far. Still a bit too early to get a gauge on what he can be IMO.

Phil Snow has done surprisingly well with the defense devoid of talent that he has inherited, but it has come at the cost of allowing long, sustained death marches down the field which results in the other team rarely punting the football. Still, he's doing the best he can to mask our gaping holes defensively.

Archived