• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF recap of the game

AU-panther

6 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Perspective here. The Chiefs defense gave up the following: 

Texans: 20 pts

Chargers: 20 pts

Ravens: 20 pts

Patriots: 10 pts

Raiders: 40 pts

Bills: 17 pts

Broncos: 16 pts

Jets: 9 pts

Panthers: 31 pts

Only 1 team all year scored more points. The team punted only twice. No turnovers. Slye missed 2 FGs even though one was almost impossible. We dominated time of possession 38 min to 22 min. Chiefs punted only once and that was on their last possession.

We can be upset with Teddy for his lack of urgency on that second to last touchdown, but we are really nitpicking if we are complaining that he was throwing short when we were scoring and holding on to the ball! 

It’s about context. Less than a minute in the game left and you need like 45-50 yards to have a chance at a field goal... your dinking and dunking works to the flavor of having to attempt a record breaking field goal by multiple yards? Teddy knows he didn’t handle the last drive correctly. 

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

I would take Burrow and Herbert over Bridgewater in a heartbeat. And their lines are awful. 

i would too but we didn't have that opportunity, and i certainly don't want someone coming in here and facing what burrow is.  that's what we would look like w/out running the saints system. teddy would be getting killed like burrow if he didn't get the ball out so fast.  i wish herbert would have fallen.  maybe we'll get our guy and some f'n guards and a center. wouldn't that be awesome

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

It’s about context. Less than a minute in the game left and you need like 45-50 yards to have a chance at a field goal... your dinking and dunking works to the flavor of having to attempt a record breaking field goal by multiple yards? Teddy knows he didn’t handle the last drive correctly. 

Yes, I agree. I feel like he didn't handle the last 2 drives correctly. I feel like the 2nd to last drive didn't show urgency of being down 2 scores and the check downs drive me crazy. I also don't like that when we get in the red zone many times this year he doesn't take shots in the end zone and just throws short. 

Those are fine critiques and ones I agree with, but people acting like he played poorly the entire game is just not true. 

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

we never should have punted that damn ball. that was really our chance.  who thinks teddy can drive the field in a minute with no frikkin timeouts?  not me, not you. not anybody.   i put that situation on rhule personally

9 minutes ago, raz said:

i would too but we didn't have that opportunity, and i certainly don't want someone coming in here and facing what burrow is.  that's what we would look like w/out running the saints system. teddy would be getting killed like burrow if he didn't get the ball out so fast.  i wish herbert would have fallen.  maybe we'll get our guy and some f'n guards and a center. wouldn't that be awesome

6 minutes ago, yasuhara2241 said:

Yes, I agree. I feel like he didn't handle the last 2 drives correctly. I feel like the 2nd to last drive didn't show urgency of being down 2 scores and the check downs drive me crazy. I also don't like that when we get in the red zone many times this year he doesn't take shots in the end zone and just throws short. 

Those are fine critiques and ones I agree with, but people acting like he played poorly the entire game is just not true. 

6 minutes ago, raz said:

we never should have punted that damn ball. that was really our chance.  who thinks teddy can drive the field in a minute with no frikkin timeouts?  not me, not you. not anybody.   i put that situation on rhule personally

Agree with all of this. 

19 minutes ago, Varking said:

Exactly. Teddy's game has always appeared to lack dynamics and the ability to be explosive. Guys like Brady and Brees may be similar in overall style or approach but no question that those guys can take their shots and know when to be aggressive. That's the dimension that seems to be lacking with Teddy and the ingredient that really widens those margins for error.

The game plan was to keep Mahomes off the field.  You do that by holding onto the ball.  You hold onto ball with rushing and high percentage throws.  That game plan almost worked out with a depleted secondary against a talented offensive minded team.  

6 minutes ago, blackcat said:

The game plan was to keep Mahomes off the field.  You do that by holding onto the ball.  You hold onto ball with rushing and high percentage throws.  That game plan almost worked out with a depleted secondary against a talented offensive minded team.  

At the end though, when that gameplan didn't matter (and was situationally inappropriate) and the ball needed to get downfield, it didn't happen. As it hasn't for 4 consecutive weeks and more this season.

That's a big part of the point. These game-ending scenarios can be viewed in a vacuum and the results thus far are not good.

Archived