• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF recap of the game

AU-panther

"His average depth of target on the day was only 4.2 yards down the field, and only 36.1% of his yards came through the air. Compare that to the other side of the ball, where Patrick Mahomes‘ average depth of target was 9.8 yards downfield and he gained 66.4% of his yards through the air. It looked like they were playing different positions altogether."

Keep beating the Teddy is the franchise drum.  Godalmighty that is a horrific stat. 

Yikes.  In Teddy's defense though, KC had what?  The 3rd ranked pass defense in the league coming into this game.  But, as we saw with the DJ stuff, that had nothing to do with these stats...  the throws were there to be made, he just won't make them.  I wonder if Brady is feeling bad for demanding that he be the guy now?

I’m cool with Teddy starting this season for us. I just don’t believe he is the guy who will guide us through the next 9-12 years. I just worry that if we miss out on one of the two top QBs this year that the year after doesn’t have these stand out studs like Fields and Lawrence who clearly have separated themselves from the pack. 

And yet, we were right there at the end with a shot at winning the whole thing. 

There are a lot of things to be fixed on this team. Had we fixed any one of them by last Sunday morning, we'd have just beaten the Superb Owl champs and the probable winners of this year's championship. Any one of a handful of things to fix. Any one.

Perhaps the biggest would be to make the opposition punt just twice in a game. You do that and all of a sudden we're talking about Teddy's drives eating up the clock and keeping Mahomes on the bench for the win.

Perhaps one play where Teddy spots an open DJ and has that extra half second to fling it to him. 

Perhaps we actually get a three and out of defense.

I'd pick on Slye but you can't ask a kicker to keep trying a desperation world-record kick to win the game every week (but we still keep having to).

How about get a TE that is a threat to catch, block or just get in the way of a pass rusher?

How about we get a sack?

It's lazy to just blame Teddy.

2 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

And yet, we were right there at the end with a shot at winning the whole thing. 

There are a lot of things to be fixed on this team. Had we fixed any one of them by last Sunday morning, we'd have just beaten the Superb Owl champs and the probable winners of this year's championship. Any one of a handful of things to fix. Any one.

Perhaps the biggest would be to make the opposition punt just twice in a game. You do that and all of a sudden we're talking about Teddy's drives eating up the clock and keeping Mahomes on the bench for the win.

Perhaps one play where Teddy spots an open DJ and has that extra half second to fling it to him. 

Perhaps we actually get a three and out of defense.

I'd pick on Slye but you can't ask a kicker to keep trying a desperation world-record kick to win the game every week (but we still keep having to).

How about get a TE that is a threat to catch, block or just get in the way of a pass rusher?

How about we get a sack?

It's lazy to just blame Teddy.

Rarely does anything go perfect in a game but your QB should still pull it out if he has the opportunity to nonetheless, and Teddy just hasn't finished 

5 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Pff has been anti Teddy all year, I think he has the second most turnover worthy throws behind Foles or something like that.

He probably does lol

He had like 3 or 4 in the Arizona game that I remember.

8 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Pff has been anti Teddy all year, I think he has the second most turnover worthy throws behind Foles or something like that.

Either way I take what they say with a grain of salt

While I agree, some of their analysis is very subjective and opinionated rather than fact-based, these stats are very telling.  These aren't like their "grades."  These are numbers that represent something tangible and quantifiable.  It affirms the issue many have had in that he's not attempting or making the necessary throws downfield to put us over the top.

its a bunch of crap.  we had a chance to win that game and it wasn't on the last drive.  no timeouts, no time, good pass defence.  we never should have punted on 4th and 2 (or 3).   it was the frikkin chiefs.  the 2nd and 3rd down calls were crap and then rhule shite the bed and got chicken like it was a playoff game.   that was our chance to win the game.  that's on rhule not teddy

Archived