• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh man. Oh boy. This team: A midseason review

Rags

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

He’s not going to get a contract worth near comp pick considerations. No one making him a starter. There are RBs like him everywhere. He just got the playing time. Offer him 1.5M for a year and nothing more. Plenty of young cheap options that could do the same for less. 

Agreed - he would not be a starter for most teams (without an injury happening), I think someone would give him a shot as a #2 (NE would I think).  Not sure he would take 1.5 but I wouldn't pay him starter salary for sure.  But who knows....we have seen some really stupid contracts from some teams.  I would like to see us keep him AND draft a back in the lower rounds for depth but we have some other needs ahead of RB I think. 

And hey if someone else wants to pay him starter salary....that would give us a shot at a decent comp pick.

2 hours ago, Rags said:

Let me put it like this.

Teddy is a stable part of our whole system. We work with him. We don't have to worry about him too hard. The offense should work as planned under him. It works. Sometimes he does things that exceed expectations. But it's a part that's gonna get just enough. Not more. 

Am I happy we had to move on from Cam? Fuuuuck no. But with how this offense needs honest anal right now we didn't need an inconsistent QB at the helm right now.

Teddy's not inconsistent. He's consistently mediocre

I don’t completely disagree with you, but consistently insufficient isn’t what we need. I think the one player on our team that we could upgrade to above average and most positively affect our team is QB.  Teddy holds the team back more than any other single player. Second place goes to Whitehead and the MLB position. 

2 minutes ago, manu4t said:

Agreed - he would not be a starter for most teams (without an injury happening), I think someone would give him a shot as a #2 (NE would I think).  Not sure he would take 1.5 but I wouldn't pay him starter salary for sure.  But who knows....we have seen some really stupid contracts from some teams.  I would like to see us keep him AND draft a back in the lower rounds for depth but we have some other needs ahead of RB I think. 

And hey if someone else wants to pay him starter salary....that would give us a shot at a decent comp pick.

NE has 4 RBs as good or better than Davis already. 

Archived