• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Three of the top 10 college offenses are in the SEC (two are the teams that were in the championship game). Zero of the top 10 college defenses are in the SEC. Only two of the top 20 college defenses are in the SEC (neither are the two teams that were in the championship game). The times they are a changin'.

Not a great year to pull data from since the schedules are fractured and lots of teams are either playing abbreviated schedules or not at all. If you show much a five year trend, I will agree but this is not a great year to pull data from for obvious reasons.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Not a great year to pull data from since the schedules are fractured and lots of teams are either playing abbreviated schedules or not at all. If you show much a five year trend, I will agree but this is not a great year to pull data from for obvious reasons.

See above post. The SEC shifting toward offense isn't a one year anomaly.

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It’s not an outlier. You just believe that Because that’s what you’ve been told by ESPN. Regardless, SEC offenses shifted towards Big 12 style offenses a few years ago. Specifically Bama. You can’t stop those offenses, just hope to contain them. Especially with the players Bama has. Linville is proving my point. Clemson has an offense like LR’s ran at Oklahoma for years. Same with Bama. Shrugs. No outliers when Ole Miss put up points on Bama this year too. When you’ve got a quality QB, you’ll put up points. Other than that, SEC has some poo offenses. Pretty simple. Florida, Bama, Ole Miss, and Georgia all have solid offenses. The rest have poo offenses. 

18 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Josh Allen’s motion was meh too. He fixed a lot of poo over the summer. Glad Fields can do the same. 

Josh Allen didn’t reduce his wind up or change the way he throws the ball with his arm.  He tweaked his hips and footwork.  This is different from what fields is trying to accomplish....

“If you’ve seen my throwing motion, I’ve kind of incorporated a little foot hop on the left side. It’s something that Aaron does,” Allen said. “I don’t know what it is about it, but it allows me to just rotate with my hips more and be more of a rotational thrower as opposed to more of a vertical axis thrower. And that’s what caused the ball to sail and dive down (in the past), and it really shouldn’t have.” - Josh Allen

36 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t say field has a quick throwing motion. Coach Day acknowledged this last year.

That’s why he spent time this off season working on it.

“I don't think you could stand out there and see a big difference in my throwing motion,” Fields said. “But I think it's definitely more efficient for me, and I like it.”
Doesn’t sound like much was changed. 

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

“I don't think you could stand out there and see a big difference in my throwing motion,” Fields said. “But I think it's definitely more efficient for me, and I like it.”
Doesn’t sound like much was changed. 

Well that’s not good considering not much effort was put into it. He needs to shorten that wind up. 

But the prolonged offseason offered an unexpected benefit: He had more time to work on his mechanics.

Over several weeks in August, Fields altered his throwing motion with guidance from coach Ryan Day.

The effort was largely aimed at shortening his delivery, he said last week in an interview with The Dispatch.

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Well that’s not good considering not much effort was put into it. He needs to shorten that wind up. 

But the prolonged offseason offered an unexpected benefit: He had more time to work on his mechanics.

Over several weeks in August, Fields altered his throwing motion with guidance from coach Ryan Day.

The effort was largely aimed at shortening his delivery, he said last week in an interview with The Dispatch.

It was about getting his foot down earlier.

Archived