• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC has A/C joint separation in shoulder

JABANOG

21 hours ago, onmyown said:

M.Kalil is still being paid

Wait, do you actually think we are still paying him? Dead cap is just that, already paid money that we didn’t account for yet due to bonuses. Kalil counted $10M against the cap while getting paid $25M. That meant $15M in dead cap spread over two years.

I still laugh at Kalil coming up over and over. We paid Kalil $25M, way more than we should have, but we spent $26M on Apple, Short, Weatherly and Roberts just this year. At least Kalil started a year and we went 11-5. We got 27 tackles (no sacks, fumbles or interceptions) and 31 yards out of that $26M. We’ve gotten more out of Manhertz and Elder.

6 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A) You have no idea about this. That is pure speculation

B)Giving out dumb big contracts to RB's is kindof what Marty is known for

Sure I do...

...would you like for me to walk you through it in detail?

As a precursor, have you watched the hit show called Billions?

If so, what do you think about it?

21 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

The CMC extension came more than 3 months after the Rhule hiring.  Of course it was a collective decision between at least the GM, head coach, and owner...that shouldn't be a contentious statement.  You think Tepper gives Hurney unilateral authority to spend tens of millions of dollars from his pocket?  Maybe for small fish signings, but not for a $64 million extension.  Obviously Hurney, Rhule, and Tepper would have come together to decide if CMC is in their long-term plans.

But if common sense isn't enough, here's a quote from a Sports Illustrated article about Rhule's input on the CMC extension:

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/matt-rhule-explains-why-christian-mccaffrey-is-worth-the-money

And if you think oh that's just coachspeak and Rhule sugarcoating an extension that he wasn't happy about and wasn't on board with, here's an excerpt from another article before the CMC extension:

https://catcrave.com/2020/04/10/matt-rhule-endorsement-christian-mccaffrey-contract/

You don't make a collective decision in three months. Rhule was still learning the team at that point and negotiations had already been done. Yes he might have been in the loop but that's about it. We should have left the deal the way it was and delt him. He's going to be wasted on a rebuilding team. 

21 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Tepper & Hurney hired Rhule.

Tepper & Hurney & Rhule made CMC decision together.

Tepper always retained final decision making authority. 

That's just how it works in Tepper's world.

PS...not making any apology for Hurney.  I'm as surprised as anyone he has stuck in Tepper's organization but folks need to understand he does not have traditional "GM" powers like a John Lynch or Brandon Beane for example.  Has the title, not the power.

Tepper has always said Hurney took over in hiring Rhule and he was along for the ride. 

Hurney made the decision to sign both Shaq and CMC and Tepper and Rhule were kept in the loop but that's it. 

This is what a GM does and it's why I will always distrust this process until we have a GM that doesn't have a track record for losing. 

12 hours ago, Snake said:

Tepper has always said Hurney took over in hiring Rhule and he was along for the ride. 

Hurney made the decision to sign both Shaq and CMC and Tepper and Rhule were kept in the loop but that's it. 

This is what a GM does and it's why I will always distrust this process until we have a GM that doesn't have a track record for losing. 

Complete nonsense.

Tepper never cedes that kind of control when his capital is at stake.

Archived