• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what was with the game management late yesterday?

Jeremy Igo

What happened? Teddy missed DJ wide open on the endzone for what would've been a game winner but since he did and we ended up losing somehow people have twisted that into "bad game management".

The only error they made was trusting a QB that they shouldn't. They tried to win rather than trying not to lose with a QB that forces you to try not to lose.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What happened? Teddy missed DJ wide open on the endzone for what would've been a game winner but since he did and we ended up losing somehow people have twisted that into "bad game management".

The only error they made was trusting a QB that they shouldn't. They tried to win rather than trying not to lose with a QB that forces you to try not to lose.

Teddy was bad yesterday to be sure. The offensive coaching was equally as bad. On that particular play they broke huddle with 7 seconds left for absolutely no reason. That's on the coaches.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

Game management was not the problem. Teddy missed an easy TD to Moore and that dropped pass on 2nd down also hurt us.

Offense had several chances to win the game.

Definitely not the worst game management you’ve ever seen lol

tenor.gif

Coaching? Really? Coaching? 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Teddy was bad yesterday to be sure. The offensive coaching was equally as bad. On that particular play they broke huddle with 7 seconds left for absolutely no reason. That's on the coaches.

Yeah, the play call came in late but ultimately the play call was great seeing as how DJ was wide open in the endzone. I'd rather a great play call come in late than a sorry play call come in early.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

There can be more than one problem. Coaching absolutely was one of them. 

What in particular did you find wrong with the game management? What would you have changed? 

Both drives in 4th before last one led to points. Teddy missed a TD that would have got us 10 points instead of 6 and likely won the game. Last drive, we once again got into FG position.

The team was in a position to win multiple times. I’m just confused on what the coaches did wrong. It literally came down to Teddy missing that throw to DJ. We win the game if that happens. And he failed. But the team was in position. I don’t see how that is on the coaches.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, the play call came in late but ultimately the play call was great seeing as how DJ was wide open in the endzone. I'd rather a great play call come in late than a sorry play call come in early.

Could more time before the snap have allowed Teddy to recognize the coverage better and find the open man and not hurry the throw?

Teddy sucked yesterday. Point blank.

But aside from that, the coaching was very, very bad. Even Rhule has said as much.

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

Could more time before the snap have allowed Teddy to recognize the coverage better and find the open man and not hurry the throw?

But aside from that, the coaching was very, very bad. Even Rhule has said as much.

Well to be fair, Teddy did throw the playcaller under the bus last night. He said he wish he would've had ample time to opt out of that play, to go to another play. Even though that play was wide open. LOL. 

Just now, Jeremy Igo said:

DJ was literally wide open. I get what you are saying, but whatever wrong the coaching had to do with that, pales in comparison to the missed throw. The team despite running out of time was in position

Not saying it was perfect but to say that was the “worst game management” you have ever seen is a hugeeeeee stretch. At end of the day the team had SEVERAL chances to win.

4th quarter...2 mins and some change left ... 3rd and whatever. I understand the call we we're trying to pick up the first .... didnt happen. 

Even with all that, we still were in position to win. My problem came when we abandoned the run, which was working. And after halftime we made the wrong adjustments. 

I can point this game to 5 points off the top of my head. 

Slye: Missed FG..

Special Team Protection: Blocking collapses..blocked FG..

Teddy: Open throw to DJ .. off target leading to an incompletion and injury. 

Teddy:Anderson beats his man...ball placement forces Anderson out instead of paydirt. 

Cbs: Too many below average starters in the line up.... BeeBe Johnson going off????? ... Douglas, Pride, and Corn are not the answer. That said, this is Corn's best year and Douglas was looking very good when he first got here. We miss Donte. The healthy Donte. 

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Didn't Teddy say yesterday that if he'd had more time he would've checked out of the play call to a run? Maybe our coaches knew if they gave Teddy the time he'd revert to his nature and check to the safest possible option.

Archived