• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Is he? I don't know either way. I'm crossing my fingers that if in the event they don't select a new QB this year, they can still somehow replicate the draft success of 2020. That's three guys who look legit and a few others who look like they maybe could be possibly but will at least be role players. 2022 we might actually have cap room to sign some other actual food players, after sorting out some cap space issues, and trading up for a QB is on the table. Just boredom thoughts. 

There looks to be Sam Howell and not much of anything else at QB in next year's draft. There could certainly be some other guys emerge, but as of now that's what it looks like. It'll be a shock if he's not the #1 QB prospect next year and a lock to go very high in the draft. Usually the #1 overall team needs a QB. That's a big part of the reason why they're sitting at #1 overall.

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Team would have their best players who we know are good hitting their prime, some good free agents, and an offensive line hopefully at that point, I'd be willing to trade some picks to get the QB on the rookie contract to make a run

I've heard worse ideas.

Still get the feeling we're gonna take a Qb in this draft rather than the next one, though.

I love Howell. LOVE him. It's just that if next year's QB class shapes up with Howell head and shoulders above the rest of the class, we're gonna have no shot at him. I think we're in a situation where we pretty much have to try to get our QB in this draft. The way it looks right now, next year's #2 QB might have been this years' #7 QB. There's THAT big of a gap between the overall classes.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I love Howell. LOVE him. It's just that if next year's QB class shapes up with Howell head and shoulders above the rest of the class, we're gonna have no shot at him. I think we're in a situation where we pretty much have to try to get our QB in this draft. The way it looks right now, next year's #2 QB might have been this years' #7 QB. There's THAT big of a gap between the overall classes.

So I gotta prepare myself for Mac Jones???

50 minutes ago, Varking said:

When you don’t have the cannon arm or the speedy legs is the mental part of the game you have to excel at to succeed. I believe Trask is a late first rounder at best or early second rounder and it’s because of his average arm and below average running ability. His mental capacity for football is clearly great. 

Holy poo. I just watch some of his ‘highlights’. I didn’t realize what a weak arm he has (this is with a smaller college ball!). 

I didn’t see anything that popped out as a ‘big IQ’ play, but I don’t think it matters.

This kid is Teddy 2.0. He’s not going anywhere in this league. His throws are just too slow.

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Holy poo. I just watch some of his ‘highlights’. I didn’t realize what a weak arm he has (this is with a smaller college ball!). 

I didn’t see anything that popped out as a ‘big IQ’ play, but I don’t think it matters.

This kid is Teddy 2.0. He’s not going anywhere in this league. His throws are just too slow.

He's a damn good college QB. I just don't think his traits translate well to the NFL level. It's not a quality of player issue, it's a physical limitations issue for me.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's a damn good college QB. I just don't think his traits translate well to the NFL level. It's not a quality of player issue, it's a physical limitations issue for me.

Yeah, he’s going to have to be a check down charlie unless he wants  to be picked off left and right. 

Unless I’m missing something, I’d be surprised if he’s picked up in the the 1st or 2nd round. 

There’s talk of him winning the heisman . Has a heisman winner ever been picked in the third-fourth round?

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Yeah, he’s going to have to be a check down charlie unless he wants  to be picked off left and right. 

Unless I’m missing something, I’d be surprised if he’s picked up in the the 1st or 2nd round. 

There’s talk of him winning the heisman . Has a heisman winner ever been picked in the third-fourth round?

Someone will fall in love with the guy and with the production and overlook the physical talent red flags. I expect him to go somewhere in the late 1st to early 2nd and it only takes one team to make him go higher than that.

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

I’m not going to argue with you over his arm. I just thought intelligence wasn’t a good argument. 

Archived