• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So are we still lobbying that Teddy is a good QB and is the franchise QB

Calboyz13

In the end, he was who he always has been when healthy. As soon as he signed with a rebuilding team, the writing was on the wall. He can not carry a team and if the team isn't fantastic around him, he is going to look amazingly pedestrian. 

The building culture and a new system angle is and was the real value with Teddy. I hope it worked. 

4 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

You couldn’t have really picked two more polar opposite QB than Flacco and Teddy heh

Similar in the fact they are middle sub average QBs. Not skill set. Again. Teddy > Trent Dilfer. Teddy is different from Jimmy G but comparable in the fact that both can field general a team like the 49ers.

As I have said before, what has annoyed me all year is the constant bashing before he even took a snap. Literally nobody thought the team would be as competitive as it is this season and if not for a few missed FGs and other mistakes, this team could have 7 wins right now.

Do I think Teddy is the answer for us? No. Do I think he’s as useless as this place makes him out to be? No. You guys in this crucify Teddy camp are apparent unable to be objective. He isn’t great. He also isn’t terrible. He can’t do what Cam could do but most QBs can’t. I am just tired of this nonsensical bashing. It bores me. And me saying this doesn’t somehow lump me on the Teddy camp as you are all trying to portray.

He is better than quite a few other starters in the league. Doesn’t mean he is the answer for the franchise. But there are in fact worse QBs 

My expectations at the beginning of the year were that TB would be a bridge QB to be good enough while we rebuilt our shambles of a defense and O-line. Let Brady get some OC experience with a QB he trusts, and let Rhule focus on the defense and the rebuild. At the beginning of the season, I had hope. Sure Teddy did a lot of check downs, but dink and dunk was kind of what I expected. Occasionally there was a long throw. I wasn't worried, but I wasn't thrilled. I remember the throw that changed my mind. I don't remember the game or who he was throwing to, but it was a 40 yard pass with more hang time than a punt. I rewound the DVR a few times just to look at him in the pocket and he wasn't pressured, he stepped into it, and he threw a lame duck. I knew right then it was going to go down hill and fast. Here we are now and my hopes of an average TB have been dashed. He has less zip than Cam after the TJ Watt hit. His shoulder and arm look really tired. And his confidence in our o-line looks completely shot. I thought he could be average for 16 games. Now I'm not sure he can be average for the first 6. 

6 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Those two sound like the same person.  Appears to be alt accounts.  Probably Chuck.

5 hours ago, Toomers said:

They are and it’s not probably Chuck. It just is. Just like last night when he was arguing with himself in another thread. 

Somewhat confused haha. Are you saying I’m a Chuck alt? I’ve had this account for 10 years lol

2 hours ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Similar in the fact they are middle sub average QBs. Not skill set. Again. Teddy > Trent Dilfer. Teddy is different from Jimmy G but comparable in the fact that both can field general a team like the 49ers.

As I have said before, what has annoyed me all year is the constant bashing before he even took a snap. Literally nobody thought the team would be as competitive as it is this season and if not for a few missed FGs and other mistakes, this team could have 7 wins right now.

Do I think Teddy is the answer for us? No. Do I think he’s as useless as this place makes him out to be? No. You guys in this crucify Teddy camp are apparent unable to be objective. He isn’t great. He also isn’t terrible. He can’t do what Cam could do but most QBs can’t. I am just tired of this nonsensical bashing. It bores me. And me saying this doesn’t somehow lump me on the Teddy camp as you are all trying to portray.

He is better than quite a few other starters in the league. Doesn’t mean he is the answer for the franchise. But there are in fact worse QBs 

Flacco is significantly better than Teddy. Dilfer was probably better than Teddy. Jimmy G is better than Teddy. There are worse QBs but there are no QBs that are more predictable and easy to defend.  That is 100% objective.  Can Teddy put up stats and win some games with a veteran team and coaching staff around him who are really good in every aspect?  Sure, any NFL QB can.  We aren’t that, and won’t be any time soon. Will be a while til we’re not one of the youngest teams in the league. 

14 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Flacco is significantly better than Teddy. Dilfer was probably better than Teddy. Jimmy G is better than Teddy. There are worse QBs but there are no QBs that are more predictable and easy to defend.  That is 100% objective.  Can Teddy put up stats and win some games with a veteran team and coaching staff around him who are really good in every aspect?  Sure, any NFL QB can.  We aren’t that, and won’t be any time soon. Will be a while til we’re not one of the youngest teams in the league. 

Again, I’m not really disagreeing with you (though I disagree with Dilfer being better than Teddy). And I never have ever said Teddy is the answer for the future. All I have said in his defense is that he can win games with a team around him.

Again, this team is pretty damn bad team top to bottom and we could still easily have 6-7 wins. Teddy is no world beater and I hope we draft a QB. But all I have ever said is he has shown he can win with a decent cast around him. This defense is REALLY bad. We would likely be a playoff team with our defense from 3-4 years ago. That’s all I’ve said.

20 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Somewhat confused haha. Are you saying I’m a Chuck alt? I’ve had this account for 10 years lol

Are you sizzlebuzz or jdr6000 that he had in the same post? If not, no one is talking about you. You seemed to be the only one confused...lol

Archived