• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wilson character issues.

Rags

13 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If Colbert is hired will he be in a position senior to Rhule?  Meaning, Rhule reports to Colbert, and Cobert reports to Tepper....yes?

Tepper has made it clear that a deep background in "analytics" is a prerequisite to being considered for the "GM" position...does Colbert have the necessary skill?  I have no opinion one way or the other, just curious as to whether or not he does?

Colbert is flexible enough to use analytics in conjunction with using traditional stats in order to improve the team. I wouldn't say that he is "deepx into analytics, but he appreciates those that are and expects them to use and interpret analytics in a way to improve his football team. He has basically said as much in interviews, but he's not a proponent of analytics just to say that he is using analytics.

As for Rhule and the next GM, who knows? We do believe that Rhule is going to have a certain amount of weight in our next GM's hiring, and Scot has already posted the article intimating that Rhule will actually be the guy in Charlotte, even if he doesn't have any title but HC, but who knows?

Just now, top dawg said:

Colbert is flexible enough to use analytics in conjunction with using traditional stats in order to improve the team. I wouldn't say that he is deep into analytics, but he appreciates those that are and expects them to use and interpret analytics in a way to improve his football team. He has basically said as much in interviews, but he's not a proponent of analytics just to say he is using analytics.

As for Rhule and the next GM, who knows? We do believe that Rhule is going to have a certain amount of weight in our next GM's hiring, and Scot has already posted the article intimating that Rhule will actually be the guy in Charlotte, even if he doesn't have any title but HC, but who knows?

"...flexible...appreciates...basically...intimating..."  

LOL.

Rhule will never be the guy --- trust me.

Tepper is definitively looking for a "proponent of analytics" --- that is for sure.

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Colbert is flexible enough to use analytics in conjunction with using traditional stats in order to improve the team. I wouldn't say that he is "deep into analytics, but he appreciates those that are and expects them to use and interpret analytics in a way to improve his football team. He has basically said as much in interviews, but he's not a proponent of analytics just to say that he is using analytics.

Rhule definitely wants a coach-centric approach, and he gave Belichick as an example. Mind you, "coach-centric" isn't necessarily the same thing as absolute power.

And yeah, it's been intimated for a while that Colbert and Tomlin were jockeying for power and Colbert was losing. That's believed by some to be a reason why Colbert has only been signing one year deals and keeping his options open.

For my part, I don't think Colbert is the next GM, but I'd absolutely love to see him be a consultant to help restructure the operation.

On 12/23/2020 at 9:48 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

On Cam Newton pre draft:

The most stinging criticism came from Nolan Nawrocki in the Pro Football Weekly draft guide. He called Newton“very disingenuous” with a “fake smile.” “He comes off as very scripted and has a selfish, me-first makeup, Nawrocki wrote. “Always knows where the cameras are and plays to them. He has an enormous ego with a sense of entitlement that continually invites trouble and makes him believe he is above the law - does not command respect from teammates and always will struggle to win a locker room," Nawrocki wrote.

Aww yes, the famous Nawrocki take. What a hack. If Wilson’s enthusiasm and character and hatred of losing are ten percent of Cam Newton’s I’ll take him, and I don’t know a single thing about the kid. 

Archived