• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Log Jam @WR

GPantherfan

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Right now Curtis Samuel is the best of the bunch.  Potential means nothing if it's not reached.  Even Robbie is out playing DJ.  

Well DJ is having the statistically best season for us and that is playing in the least games of the three.

He is our best WR, even if he has struggled with drops this year.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Well DJ is having the statistically best season for us and that is playing in the least games of the three.

He is our best WR, even if he has struggled with drops this year.

He's not making much of an impact in games.  He's get some yards now and then but that's all.   I think most covet him because he's a first round pick.  If I had to let go of one of them today it would be Moore.  But that just me.  

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Right now Curtis Samuel is the best of the bunch.  Potential means nothing if it's not reached.  Even Robbie is out playing DJ.  

We do not have a qb that maximizes his talent. I’ve said before if we are stuck in qb purgatory I would trade DJ if that gave us a chance to get out of qb purgatory. DJ is the best wr we have and it’s not close. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

He's not making much of an impact in games.  He's get some yards now and then but that's all.   I think most covet him because he's a first round pick.  If I had to let go of one of them today it would be Moore.  But that just me.  

Well he has the most receiving TD's of the group you listed. He doesn't seem like he makes a big impact but the major reason is why none of our receivers seem to.

They have a QB throwing to them that just reached his career high in TD's of 15. It is exceptionally difficult to appear to be a high impact player when you have a QB that needs YAC to be effective.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

We do not have a qb that maximizes his talent. I’ve said before if we are stuck in qb purgatory I would trade DJ if that gave us a chance to get out of qb purgatory. DJ is the best wr we have and it’s not close. 

Granted a qb can have an impact on who gets the ball but DJ is not the best WR on this team by any measure.  He could be, he has the talent to be better than he's shown so far.  But like I said, if I had to choose today I would gladly trade him for whatever I could get. 

Curtis will be out there testing the market at the end of this season. Sorry, but it is true that there's no way he'd be willing to sign a contract before then (unless he has developed some kind of supernatural level of loyalty to the new coach/community). And he deserves to see how many millions he can grab. Still, if the team is smart they ask him to come back and give them a shot at last offer before he signs elsewhere. If he comes back and $8 million or so will grab him, then do it.

Honestly, you have to look at current production and usage. Even if both Anderson and Moore are over 1,000 yards receiving this year (and hey NFL coverage, how about some notice of that????), Anderson has fallen off mightily at the tail of the season while Moore has become a very strong part of the equation since midseason.

And Samuel, wow, he is closing in on 1,000 total scrimmage yards (only needs 70 yards total against NO). Sheesh, this is the best trio of receivers we've had since 2005 with  Moose, Smitty and Proehl -- and probably better.

Stick with what we have and do whatever we can to retain Samuel. Perhaps in the shedding of Short, Little and Weatherly we can find some money. This, along with retaining Moton, will be the new GM's first big math projects.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

Granted a qb can have an impact on who gets the ball but DJ is not the best WR on this team by any measure.  He could be, he has the talent to be better than he's shown so far.  But like I said, if I had to choose today I would gladly trade him for whatever I could get. 

With a competent qb who can push the ball downfield consistently he’s a 1500 yard/10 td type of wr. Video game numbers type of receiver. He is the most talented and most athletic and it’s not close imo. 

We could get a low first round pick from a team like Baltimore or the chiefs and package that to move up in the draft. But only if it is for a qb and it’s still a risk. Teddy cripples his abilities.

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

But he actually is statistically our best WR by almost every measure.

I mean the dude is gonna put up 1100 yards and 4 tds with teddy bridgewater. There have been so many plays left on the field that it wouldn’t even surprise me if he could be a 2000 yard receiver. He’s THAT good. 

it’s one of the many reasons I want trey Lance so bad. That beautiful deep ball he has with DJ would be game changing.

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

With a competent qb who can push the ball downfield consistently he’s a 1500 yard/10 td type of wr. Video game numbers type of receiver. He is the most talented and most athletic and it’s not close imo. 

We could get a low first round pick from a team like Baltimore or the chiefs and package that to move up in the draft. But only if it is for a qb and it’s still a risk. Teddy cripples his abilities.

I do not see the potential for that to happen here.  Teddy two gloves can't seem to find him if he's open so his "exceptional talent" is being wasted here.  And make no mistake Teddy is here one more year at least.  

So yeah, I stand by my statement.  It's Curtis, Robbie then DJ in my book.  It's up to DJ to change my opinion.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I do not see the potential for that to happen here.  Teddy two gloves can't seem to find him if he's open so his "exceptional talent" is being wasted here.  And make no mistake Teddy is here one more year at least.  

So yeah, I stand by my statement.  It's Curtis, Robbie then DJ in my book.  It's up to DJ to change my opinion.

I agree with you if we get stuck in qb purgatory. Hope and pray for Wilson or Lance.

6 hours ago, philit99 said:

I actually think it is the opposite. Anderson has been the deep threat we hoped Moore would be and runs great routes. DJ is a YAC machine no doubt about that. I still think Robbie is 1a and DJ is 1b. 

I think that’s only due to the rapport with Teddy. Most of DJ’s receptions he’s running back to get the ball. I do think Teddy has the ability to throw deep as he overthrew Moore yesterday but more often than not he doesn’t put the ball in transition. Plenty of would be big plays if not TDs that could have been for Moore.

11 hours ago, WarHeel said:

I think Curtis has shown his worth the last several weeks. Moore is the most elite of the three and that’s not debatable. Anderson has been a fantastic addition this year but I think it’s a tight race between him and Curtis at this point.

Anderson started out on fire with 100+ games in the first 5 weeks but hasn't eclipsed 100 since.   Samuel is far more potent than Anderson and IMO more reliable.  We have to figure out how to keep Moton and Samuel.   Sadly, I think Samuel will test the water and the best we can hope for is a decent Compensation pick.  Even that is probably in jeopardy because we will certainly address needs in free agency.

I guess we'll just have to trust the Rhule  process. 

Archived