• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Seahawks could lose GM over roster control issue

Mr. Scot

This dynamic exists with every team; either the coach or GM has more power, and the one with the least power is probably vulnerable to being poached if he can find a role with final say. Michael Lombardi had a great article on those power dynamics (The Athletic sub req'd).

As far as it concerns us, I'm happy with Rhule having the loudest voice. I'd rather have him over any of the Panthers GM's or coaches that I can remember. 

18 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

John Schneider is not that good of a GM. This is good for the Seahawks, they need a new change of scenery, starting with personnel.

They are in contention for the number one seed in the NFC.  While they could use some new talent on defense, the only ones that would benefit from major changes on their part would be the rest of the NFC West.  

You guys do know finding players outside the draft is just as important as the draft? Especially if you’re the Panthers and don’t *actually* build through the draft and let them walk...and this is part of the GMs job as well?

Why do huddlers look at drafts as the only thing a GM does or should be judged on?

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

Seattle is actually a bad drafting team. They only hit about 1-2 rounds per year, similar to us. Most of their talent comes from trades and acquisitions. I believe Seattle leads the NFL in player based trades since 2009. Or at least top 3.

Of the last 39 players drafted by the Seahawks, 29 of them are still playing this year.  So if hitting on nearly 75% of your picks is "bad" drafting, sign me up for "bad".

image.thumb.png.bde6bae7c803ed37576d5b676bacac0f.png

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

Of the last 39 players drafted by the Seahawks, 29 of them are still playing this year.  So if hitting on nearly 75% of your picks is "bad" drafting, sign me up for "bad".

image.thumb.png.bde6bae7c803ed37576d5b676bacac0f.png

There are 42 players here shown in this list.... and 20 of them were drafted within the last 2 seasons... and only SIX of the players in the last FIVE drafts are starters in SEA....  so your 75% ... that doesnt add up here..

Archived