• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Free Agents

Jeremy Igo

On 1/3/2021 at 7:20 PM, PhillyB said:

miller and reed aren't talked about enough. they've quietly solidified the interior line and helped make up for paradis's fugass pass blocking.

they aren't fantastic but if that trio is starting next year moton + a left tackle leaves us with only TE as a real hole on offense for whichever quarterback we draft.

There's a lot of wisdom here.

Retaining Moton is top priority, though, but not if it costs us top end tackle money. He's good, reliable and strong and should be paid well, but we haven't seen top 5 tackles performance, so let's approach the contract like that. Samuel would be great to retain, but someone is going to offer him a desperately large amount of money, which we simply can't. 

I'd also like to see us retain Obada. He's earned a decent paycheck for sure and his versatility on the inside and outside of the line is great. He's also becoming a wrecker out there and I still don't think we've seen the top end of what he can do. 

Edit to add: I'd like to see us keep Armah. Yeah, full backs are dinosaurs, but when you need one, you need one. And he is a good contributor on special teams as well.

On 1/3/2021 at 7:07 PM, Jeremy Igo said:

Moton, Samuel, Douglas, imo

I would let Samuel hit the market and see what he’s worth before resigning him. I think we see him as more valuable than other teams...especially with his injury history. 

I see a lot of folks saying we should keep Samuel, and that's very short sighted.  Looking at one year in a bubble is crazy.  Look at the next two years.

The real question isn't "Do we keep Samuel?".  The real question is "Which two of Samuel, Moore and Anderson do we keep?".  To me, the answer is obvious, and it's not Samuel.

Samuel showed himself to be an exceptional slot / WR3 this year.  However, what that really means is that some desperate team out there is going to offer him WR2 money.  We can't afford to have three receivers and CMC on big money.

7 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but won’t Douglas be looking a decent contract after the year he just had?

He's not a tier 1 guy, and I believe this season proved it! He should get a raise, but shouldn't bust the bank IMO.

Moton, Samuel, Miller, Douglas - in that order. Would have to do some serious tweaking, but that's what Suleiman was brought in for, no?

Douglas would be great as a complimentary CB to a 1st or 2nd rounder this year and kick Pride to CB3. 

Miller was an above average starter and will be 28 in August. I think drafting a top notch OT in R1 or R2 would go a long way, along with moving Moton over to LT.

R1: Rashawn Slater / R2: Eric Stokes / R3: TRADE for Sam Darnold 

OL: Moton-Daley-Paradis-Miller-Slater      

DB: Stokes-Douglas-Pride-Jackson

Archived