• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Games Thread

Captain Morgan

I hope Mitch can appeal to Terry and Devonte and Malik to sign team friendly deals to remain Hornets. I'd like to see everybody come back now that we know what we are. Had they prepared to take the east, knowing what they know now, they could have challenged for it. They need to try to stay together at least another season or two.

"Give me 30 days!"

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I hope Mitch can appeal to Terry and Devonte and Malik to sign team friendly deals to remain Hornets. I'd like to see everybody come back now that we know what we are. Had they prepared to take the east, knowing what they know now, they could have challenged for it. They need to try to stay together at least another season or two.

"Give me 30 days!"

I don't see those guys doing team friendly deals. All are young and will want to make as much as they can especially since some team will overpay for one or more of them. Terry might decide to go ring chasing too.

53 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't see those guys doing team friendly deals. All are young and will want to make as much as they can especially since some team will overpay for one or more of them. Terry might decide to go ring chasing too.

Team friendly doesn't mean they won't get paid. IF Jordan thinks he's finally got something here he can pay guys. 4th seed was a possibility just this year. Next year having played together longer they could be a contender. This is lighting in a bottle, they were supposed to collapse without all those key starters yet they still have enough to keep winning. It's time we started trying to keep "stars" here and building teams like this one instead of being the forever 8th seed. It has to start now. Maybe Mitch can pull it off.

10 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Team friendly doesn't mean they won't get paid. IF Jordan thinks he's finally got something here he can pay guys. 4th seed was a possibility just this year. Next year having played together longer they could be a contender. This is lighting in a bottle, they were supposed to collapse without all those key starters yet they still have enough to keep winning. It's time we started trying to keep "stars" here and building teams like this one instead of being the forever 8th seed. It has to start now. Maybe Mitch can pull it off.

The Hornets aren't going to give all three big contracts since they are all guards. You have Miles and PJ coming up in the next year or two as well. Plus whoever at center. And then Hayward's big contract. There is only so much money they can pay without going into the tax and MJ won't pay the tax for a non contending team. He might not be willing to pay it for a contending team.