Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Games Thread


Recommended Posts

Mid season i thought Monk and Graham were both worth $12m contracts this offseason.. no way now.. ugh - such disappointment..

Hayward not being there just killed us the whole 2nd half of the season.. I guess that was a high probability when we signed him..

The inefficient offense in the 4th is just so painful to watch.. just living and dying by the 3ball.. thats our M.O. - turnovers and contested 3s..

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Mid season i thought Monk and Graham were both worth $12m contracts this offseason.. no way now.. ugh - such disappointment..

Hayward not being there just killed us the whole 2nd half of the season.. I guess that was a high probability when we signed him..

The inefficient offense in the 4th is just so painful to watch.. just living and dying by the 3ball.. thats our M.O. - turnovers and contested 3s..

I might would give Graham that sort of contract, but I wouldn't Monk. Unless Monk is on fire, he just doesn't do enough. Let some other team overpay him. Riller might be able to replace Monk and he is on a cheap rookie deal.

I don't know if not having Hayward hurt that much. Miles stepped it up in a huge way and McDaniels is a decent bench guy. 

JB still some learning to do as a coach. As you said, living and dying by the 3 is not a winning way to do things. More so when the team is streaky like the Hornets are. An above average center would help a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

I might would give Graham that sort of contract, but I wouldn't Monk. Unless Monk is on fire, he just doesn't do enough. Let some other team overpay him. Riller might be able to replace Monk and he is on a cheap rookie deal.

I don't know if not having Hayward hurt that much. Miles stepped it up in a huge way and McDaniels is a decent bench guy. 

JB still some learning to do as a coach. As you said, living and dying by the 3 is not a winning way to do things. More so when the team is streaky like the Hornets are. An above average center would help a lot.

not having hayward was a huge blow...he was making a difference

monk is not a player when it counts...he would be first on the trade block, if anybody would want him

we have to shoot 3's, we have nothing else

and melo was horrible the last 5 games

Edited by Scott12345
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

not having hayward was a huge blow...he was making a difference

monk is not a player when it counts...he would be first on the trade block, if anybody would want him

we have to shoot 3's, we have nothing else

and melo was horrible the last 5 games

Saw a picture of Hayward pre game in Washington in what seemed to be a workout.  He looked ripped.  Hoping he can make it back Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HoopKing20 said:

Saw a picture of Hayward pre game in Washington in what seemed to be a workout.  He looked ripped.  Hoping he can make it back Tuesday.

Give it up...he’s done...maybe he can make it more that half the year next year

what a huge disappointment he has been

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

not having hayward was a huge blow...he was making a difference

monk is not a player when it counts...he would be first on the trade block, if anybody would want him

we have to shoot 3's, we have nothing else

and melo was horrible the last 5 games

Hayward wasn't doing a lot before the injury. Early in the season he was great, after the break, not so much.

I've said all season that this is Monk's last season here and I stick by that. I think he is gone during the offseason.

Disagree. Several of the guys can get to the cup at will. They just prefer to shoot 3s because that is the current NBA game. And that sucks by the way. I prefer the cuts, post moves, and all that jazz. Let the 3 be what it was before and just another tool in the shed instead of the only tool.

Melo is a rookie recovering from injury. That wrist is not totally healed up by the way. I also think he bought into his hype and played more trying to prove he should be ROY instead of winning team basketball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is pretty big.  Don't give up yet.

 

Shams Charania
 
@ShamsCharania
· 4h
Just in: Indiana Pacers guard Caris LeVert is expected to miss tonight’s Play-In Tournament game vs. the Charlotte Hornets due to health and safety protocols
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

This is pretty big.  Don't give up yet.

 

Shams Charania
 
@ShamsCharania
· 4h
Just in: Indiana Pacers guard Caris LeVert is expected to miss tonight’s Play-In Tournament game vs. the Charlotte Hornets due to health and safety protocols

As Hornets fans we know the invisible finger when we feel it.

We went through it. Miles came back as healthy as ever.

SMH. Can we take advantage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...