• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd round prospect that seems would be a Rhule fit.

ncfan

On talent and versatility alone he’d be a twelve-year player, no question. He has a basically undraftable medical, though. The best outcome would be to have him as a swing interior lineman who can fill in when another guy gets hurt and be a Pro Bowler as a locker room/culture guy, but you can never go into a season expecting to get 16 games out of him as a starter. Or even, like, eight.

I like his character.  He's played well when healthy, starting for two high caliber college programs.  But we can't take that sort of risk on a guy with his medical history.  If he somehow gets down to the fifth or sixth round I'd consider him.  If he goes undrafted he would be my first call post draft.  But man that history is terrifying.

43 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

On talent and versatility alone he’d be a twelve-year player, no question. He has a basically undraftable medical, though. The best outcome would be to have him as a swing interior lineman who can fill in when another guy gets hurt and be a Pro Bowler as a locker room/culture guy, but you can never go into a season expecting to get 16 games out of him as a starter. Or even, like, eight.

This is where having those extra comp picks would help. You can take flyers on guys who would go much higher if healthy and take a chance without risking much because you’ve got 10-11 picks without trading down. We waited 1 year too long to toss Marty, screwed up the true rebuild.

Personally, I have no problem using a day 3 pick on a guy like this or a guy who dropped with potential like Roy or back in 2019 like Omenihu who is now starting for Houston (5 games this year with 4 sacks and 16 QB hits). Instead Marty goes for a risky RB3. Why not take a DE/rush DT in the mold of a thicker Obada that was supposed to be a day 2 pick. That pick still hurts, probably could have easily got even Marty to release Short a year early.

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

This is where having those extra comp picks would help. You can take flyers on guys who would go much higher if healthy and take a chance without risking much because you’ve got 10-11 picks without trading down. We waited 1 year too long to toss Marty, screwed up the true rebuild.

Personally, I have no problem using a day 3 pick on a guy like this or a guy who dropped with potential like Roy or back in 2019 like Omenihu who is now starting for Houston (5 games this year with 4 sacks and 16 QB hits). Instead Marty goes for a risky RB3. Why not take a DE/rush DT in the mold of a thicker Obada that was supposed to be a day 2 pick. That pick still hurts, probably could have easily got even Marty to release Short a year early.

It would've been nice to have those picks. I think we'll see some trades down from at least our day 2 and 3 picks for the same reason. Rhule and Fitterer will want to bring in as many of their guys as they can find. 

16 minutes ago, theinstrumental said:

It would've been nice to have those picks. I think we'll see some trades down from at least our day 2 and 3 picks for the same reason. Rhule and Fitterer will want to bring in as many of their guys as they can find. 

I hope we don’t go too crazy, 39 and 73 would be great spots to pick up the best available OL. Not having the 3rd round comp hurts the most, could go with a CB at 39 or 73 and still got two solid IOL at 39/99ish or 73/99ish.

12 hours ago, Jared Patterson said:

Him, Creed Humphrey or Josh Myers in round 2 and then an ILB round 3

I've read where this guy is super smart and a great center.  One of the reason many thought Kyle Murray would drop in the draft because Humphrey was calling out the line adjustments not the QB.

I would love to see him in the 2nd round.   I have seen him in many mock drafts going late first though.

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

Before the injury, YES!  Now, I just can't see him going before round 4/5

Creed Humphrey and Josh Meyers are very good.

Ideal situation would be for Rashawn Slater to fall to pick 39.

I also like Eric Stokes and Jevon Holland at 39.

I was just about to say this as well.  That injury will drop him for sure.  If he's really that good he'll slip to the 4th. 

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I hope we don’t go too crazy, 39 and 73 would be great spots to pick up the best available OL. Not having the 3rd round comp hurts the most, could go with a CB at 39 or 73 and still got two solid IOL at 39/99ish or 73/99ish.

If Cosmi or another tackle is there at 39, I’d be happy with that. If it’s going to be an interior lineman, I hope they move back and grab an extra fourth and play a numbers game at those positions. 

Archived