• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Senior Bowl

Untouchable

On 1/20/2021 at 10:38 AM, stbugs said:

Didn’t see this earlier. That’s why Norwell went undrafted and we snagged him. Drills were also why lots of us hated Little after the combine. Maybe you can work with that OL but looking bad in drills should make you a much lower round pick/project (Norwell worked out) not someone for whom you trade first round pick value.

My sons and I got Norwell’s autograph in training camp after the SB. I got him over with an “Andrew” call. Seemed stunned that someone would call him by his first name or even knew his first name. I was pretty good at getting them to come over. Greg didn’t, but smiled and waived when I said we enjoyed seeing him at the local pizza place. It was his Friday night home game tradition and he was pretty much left alone. Got TD over telling him his son beat my youngest, who was there, in the flag football championship (true) and he signed his ball and told him to play better next time. Saw him a bunch at basketball. My son made 4 of 5 free throws to ice a game (he was 8 ) right after TD walked into the gym. He was so excited and asked if TD saw him and I was like yeah of course it was the only game and there wasn’t much else going on while you shot the free throws.

Cool story.  My son played HS basketball with David Thompson's son.  Thompson came to one game, and sat near me.  My son scored about 20 points in the second half and had about 14 boards--Thompson's son was terrible that night, but he did not seem to care.  They barely won the game, when my son hit a 25 foot 3 pointer at the buzzer.  Thompson grabbed me behind my neck and shook my head around a bit---he was excited.  When I told my son, he had to Google David Thompson.  He knew that his teammates' dad was a former college and pro player, but nothing else. 

• Pie 1

On 1/17/2021 at 11:55 AM, stbugs said:

A G would be nice too. If we extend Moton we need 1 T and 3 IOL. It would be good if we don’t have LT blindness like Marty did and our interior still sucks. I’d honestly rather go QB, C/G, C/G knowing we are far more likely to solidify the interior and use the 2022 1st on a T if that may be a better class for 1st rounders. I don’t want to reach on a maybe T if there’s a sure thing G. Our best OL recently had Oher at LT and the 2017 OL was decent as well with speed bump because the IOL was solid. Easier to help out a tackle  when the interior is solid and we have a split RT 

Could play Humphrey at G until Paradis is no longer with us. I think if we did not draft a QB at 8 and went:

R1: Slater/Sewell

R2: Humphrey/Davis

R3: Trade for Darnold or draft Newman

We could roll out a Moton-Humphrey-Paradis-Miller-Slater OL and give whoever our QB is a healthy, young and strong OL.

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Thats nice 

But this is honestly like when Drew Lock had the best arm out of the 2019 group that included Daniel Jones, Will Grier, and Ryan Finley.

Newman is a Good Project, not aure id want to bank my hopes on him

newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

New Panthers quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan seems to be taking at least some of the responsibility of OC coordinator Joe Brady, who is not attending the Senior Bowl due to COVID-related issue. Ryan previously has coached Matt Stafford and Deshaun Watson, both of who should be on Carolina's radar. Alabama's Mac Jones likely is the only QB here on the team's radar.

9591b9ee-fea8-4d1f-a5a5-6f4f3cd65f1d.png
  •