• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Denial of history and denial of social and economic data that indeed does reflect that racial discrimination is still very pervasive in America and that it is still very much causitive and effective of negative results (some having their origins at the birth of this nation) is ignorant and/or morally unacceptable! In other words, it's racist! Point blank!

I personally think generalizing that history affects everyone dependent solely on the color of their skin is the real racism but you do you. I have a lot of successful people in my circle and they consist of a spectrum of colors, personalities, and backgrounds. Success is more possible than ever (at least pre-Covid) in the U.S.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I didn't answer it bc it really doesn't matter. I don't know, maybe one out of the seven vacancies which all passed over black people? But at this point it'd be ridiculous to force it in Houston bc they already screwed their process bc their owners is a dummy. And it'll always be looked at as a token hire regardless despite the fact that if black coaches were treated fairly and actually given fair opportunity (which is the main point of all this) we wouldn't need the rooney rule and we wouldn't be having this discussion to begin with. Not sure why that's controversial but it offends folks like Warheel who thinks everyone gets the same opportunities and rejects data which proves him wrong lol

It does matter! More than not in all businesses, Korean people hire Korean people, Spanish people hire Spanish, Chinese people hire Chinese, etc etc. Even locals hire locals, females hire females, gays hire gays, beautiful/handsome people hire beautiful/handsome, yankees hire yankees, etc etc. Remember Tepper said Rhule was short-order cook like him, people like to relate. You could have the most pro-______ group and you hire a outsider, sooner or later one form the main group will come to you with questions and concerns. Not everyone gets the same opportunities, I cannt be hooters waiter!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

I personally think generalizing that history affects everyone dependent solely on the color of their skin is the real racism but you do you. I have a lot of successful people in my circle and they consist of a spectrum of colors, personalities, and backgrounds. Success is more possible than ever (at least pre-Covid) in the U.S.

Like I said, the data tells a story. If you want to deny it, you do you! That's what you and others like you have been doing all your lives!

• Poo 2

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Like I said, the data tells a story. If you want to deny it, you do you! That's what you and others like you have been doing all your lives!

Data is 100% racist according to many groups. Thats the newest issue among the world, they will justify the numbers. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

The data has its place but it’s relationship with relevance is fading. We can’t undo the past simply by diversifying based on color. If everyone really wanted equality they would have no problem with my initial comment.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

Data is 100% racist according to many groups. Thats the newest issue among the world, they will justify the numbers. 

Yeah, it's utterly useless to have a discussion with many folks! And that's why I don't frequent the "Litterbox".

47 minutes ago, top dawg said:
49 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Everyone should have equal opportunity to do whatever the hell they want to do. It’s a great thing that in the year 2021 Americans can do just that.

You're right! And if everyone were on a level playing field, that would be fuging wonderful and incredible! But that's not the case! Don't lie and say that it is!

How is Bieniemy's "playing field" somehow un-level vs. Culley & Frazier?

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Because based on skin color you’re automatically categorized into either “privileged” or “oppressed.” That’s what I’ve been told anyway.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I never said that it was! In fact, my second comment in this thread intimated that it isn't! 

On an off note, The Texans are just trying to placate Watson now! If I were him, I'd see right through it! 

• Poo 1