• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two 1st, Two 2nd, 2 young players

AU-panther

1 hour ago, Scott12345 said:

I think this is legit...Texans throwing that out to see if any team is stupid enough to bite

I don't.

Per a couple of different reports, teams have already been calling the Texans to make offers. The Texans haven't been responding or returning those calls.

They're serious about holding on to him.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't.

Per a couple of different reports, teams have already been calling the Texans to make offers. The Texans haven't been responding or returning those calls.

Yeah they are going to lose that fight lol, yeah not let him go and make him retire instead of taking all the picks. Sorry but he will be traded

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't.

Has a star player in his prime ever publicly demanded a trade and there not been this period of stand off? Teams don't want to part with star players in their prime unexpectedly. Especially at QB. Even if he gets traded, this process is completely expected.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't.

Won’t dismiss...but if they get that offer they would be insane not to take it...but I can’t see any team offering that

14 hours ago, AU-panther said:

I don't think he is speculating, it would be more vague, something like "three 1st and a player or two".  I think someone is whispering in his ear.  They might have already received an offer close to that.  That might be their way of letting other teams know the starting point.

I do find it interesting that he said two young defensive players.  All along I've thought Jets have the best package to offer but I'm not sure who they would want off of the their defense.  The 49ers have some young defensive talent.   Miami has Howard but I don't think he is on a rookie deal.

We actually have more young defensive trade chips than most teams.  Maybe us or the 49ers already offered something similar.  Here again, this might be their way of letting other teams know what they have to beat.  Maybe its their way of letting the Jets know they have to come off of more draft picks because other teams can offer players.

I'm not 100% convinced they want to keep him (maybe 99%). 

Usually I'm of the "QB at all cost" camp, but the fact is they were terrible with him.  Because of their old GM and coach their cap situation is terrible, their draft capital situation isn't the best.  New GMs like to make their own mark, helps to have cap space and draft picks.

Building around Watson might not be easy, getting a king's ransom and hitting on a draft QB might actually be somewhat appealing.

If everything was great between them and Watson they could never justify trading him to their fans but they might see Watson's unhappiness as a blessing.  This way they can reset the franchise and it looks like it was Watson's idea.

There is no reason for them to say they are interested in trading them, acting like they won't is exactly what they should be doing.  Its just odds some of the news that has "leaked".

McClain and Breer have both confirmed that the Texans are already getting offers but aren't responding. They're not even returning teams' calls to say "thanks, but no thanks".

As to McClain, the reason why he came up with a trade offer is because it's what he thinks they should do.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

McClain and Breer have both confirmed that the Texans are already getting offers but aren't responding. They're not even returning teams' calls to say "thanks, but no thanks".

As to McClain, the reason why he came up with a trade offer is because it's what he thinks they should do.

You can’t take everything that a writer, or coach, or player, or GM says so literal or absolute.

He never really infers that this is what he thinks they should do.  He phrases it pretty straightforward  that that is a starting point. 

Sounds like someone whispered in his ear, but maybe not.

As far an not returning calls, I find it hard to believe some team hasn’t offered something and I’m sure the Texans are aware of those offers.  Too many agents and GMs and coaches know each other, especially with the senior bowl that just happened.

That doesn’t mean they want to trade him but anyone who believes they aren’t aware of offers is being naive.  Comments like “not returning phone calls” is postering. 

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

You can’t take everything that a writer, or coach, or player, or GM says so literal or absolute.

He never really infers that this is what he thinks they should do.  He phrases it pretty straightforward  that that is a starting point. 

Sounds like someone whispered in his ear, but maybe not.

As far an not returning calls, I find it hard to believe some team hasn’t offered something and I’m sure the Texans are aware of those offers.  Too many agents and GMs and coaches know each other, especially with the senior bowl that just happened.

That doesn’t mean they want to trade him but anyone who believes they aren’t aware of offers is being naive.  Comments like “not returning phone calls” is postering. 

Multiple sources have confirmed they're not listening to trade offers.

You can say everybody's lying if you want to but not everything that's said by an NFL team is a lie.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Has a star player in his prime ever publicly demanded a trade and there not been this period of stand off? Teams don't want to part with star players in their prime unexpectedly. Especially at QB. Even if he gets traded, this process is completely expected.

Not sure about a QB, but J. Ramsey did it going from Jacksonville to the Rams. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple sources have confirmed they're not listening to trade offers.

You can say everybody's lying if you want to but not everything that's said by an NFL team is a lie.

Not answering the phone can be code for they aren’t countering. When you counter you are making an offer you are willing to accept.

I fully can believe they haven’t got to that point, or even willing to trade him, but to think no team hasn’t offered something and they aren’t aware of aid offer is naive. 

Sometimes you have to use some common sense with all of these “reports”.

Just now, AU-panther said:

Not answering the phone can be code for they aren’t countering. When you counter you are making an offer you are willing to accept.

I fully can believe they haven’t got to that point, or even willing to trade him, but to think no team hasn’t offered something and they aren’t aware of aid offer is naive. 

Sometimes you have to use some common sense with all of these “reports”.

Nobody's saying they're not aware of what's being offered.

Just that they're not interested.

I can see the Texans trying to play hard ball, but as long as Watson stays the course, they will eventually have no choice. If the Texans stay stubborn through the draft, then they miss out on an opportunity to start the recovery/rebuild process. They have no 1st or 2nd this year, so it makes it even worse for them. They have a cloud hanging over their heads, that cloud eventually needs to be lifted for them to move forward

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Not sure about a QB, but J. Ramsey did it going from Jacksonville to the Rams. 

He was traded a month after demanding a trade during which the Jags postured that they would not trade him. This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/06/jaguars-wont-trade-jalen-ramsey-despite-offers

• Pie 2