• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sssshhhh. Sleepers (many from the SR Bowl)

MHS831

I think the secret to Rhule's success is going to be grabbing a player or two at end of the draft and undrafted free agency who can make this roster.  We are not used to that a lot, but last year we had several players contribute from this pool of talent.  These folks put together a nice list and they provide rationale for each player's inclusion.

Enjoy.  (Proehl caught my eye, but several others did as well. I think Proehl is the ideal slot WR, maybe the second slot---because he has good, strong hands and runs excellent routes.  Samuel was more athletic, but we really need that sure-handed route runner who can find the cracks in the defense and get you first downs.  Enough of Proehl-- Loved some of the OL, LBs and DBs too)

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/gallery/panthers-2021-nfl-draft-sleeper-prospects/

• Pie 1

On 2/6/2021 at 2:29 PM, Soul Rebel said:

I was hoping Jabril Cox would slip to the 3rd round, but I don't see him there anymore for us. 

I could see as you pointed out, some WR/TE/OL from late in the draft that Rhule & Co saw up close being a gem for us. 

The corner, edge and OL play from the Senior Bowl was really good.  Don't be surprised if we draft 2-3 guys that participated in the Senior Bowl.

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

David Moore was my pick for sleeper. I like what I’ve seen about Britt. That Stevenson guy is basically Hollywood Brown but whereas he is Baltimore’s #1 wr, Stevenson would be our 3.

these corners are all intriguing too. 

Depending how the draft falls, I'm hoping to target a CB in round 3.  The rookie and Pride Jr. on the outside and move Jackson to the slot.  To be honest, I'm even considering double dipping with a late pick.  Our corner situation was atrocious last season.

13 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Yea, of those corners, Taylor and Bynum look likes the ones that I’d be interested in. Of course with all of these guys, it’s about value - How late can we get them?

Day 3 prospects without a doubt.  As late as the 6th, especially Taylor. Bynum will go in the 4th or 5th.  If I take either, it's as the second corner as we need an immediate starter out of this class, so I'm taking one in the 3rd round, in the 2nd if my preferred LTs are off the board (not going to reach).

• Pie 1