• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tim Weaver & Panthers Wire ranks 8 QB trade targets (sans Watson)

top dawg

1 hour ago, davos said:

I do think only 1 trade should take precedent over the draft and that is Watson.  Then we go for our guy at the top of the draft in Wilson/Fields/Lance.  If that's a no go, then we have a prioritized trade list.  Then FA last resort.

All indications are the Texans would rather gouge out their own eyes than trade Watson.

And again, even if they did change their minds, there are teams in position to make much better offers than us.

Things could change, but right now I'd say anyone pinning their hopes on his being here is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, run-run-pass-punt said:

I totally agree with these sentiments:

"Trading for Minshew is exactly the kind of low-risk, potential high-reward move that championship teams make."

I like Minshew enough to give him a shot, especially if he's really cheap to get. He's got a moxie, a "quality" about him that I find intriguing. I always like building a team with genuine competitors at every position.

I'd definitely support trying to add him as long as we're trying to remake the position group. He'd be an improvement, whether at backup or starter imho.

I say we trade for him, cut Teddy, and trade back in the draft for another first rounder in 2022.  Then if he does not work out, we'd suck again and we would have 2 first rounders to move up for a QB.  

Then you could add a T and CB in round 2, LB in 3, etc.  Banking that #1 would be insurance.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I say we trade for him, cut Teddy, and trade back in the draft for another first rounder in 2022.  Then if he does not work out, we'd suck again and we would have 2 first rounders to move up for a QB.  

Then you could add a T and CB in round 2, LB in 3, etc.  Banking that #1 would be insurance.

That is a more conservative approach. I don't know that it's worth it to just cut Teddy. He does make for a high quality backup. Of course there would be a little drama surrounding our QB situation, but Rhule says that he believes in competition. 

I mean if we can’t get something done pre draft and there’s nobody but Mac Jones at 8 I would trade down get and extra 2nd and or 3rd depending on how far down we go. Call Jacksonville offer them a 3rd for Minshew and keep it moving. Looking at his contract even keeping TB wouldn’t hurt and we would have a fallback. Yes it’s not the preferred scenario but if we can’t make the best move or even a decent alternative trade wise before the draft or even get someone in the draft what would be a better scenario?

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Tua no more than a 2nd and Minshew no more than a 4th.  

We're on the same wavelength! But, let's say that come draft night, we still have Teddy and both TL's, Wilson and Fields are gone and we're on the clock, would you consider trading that 1st for Tua? Just asking.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

We're on the same wavelength! But, let's say that come draft night, we still have Teddy and both TL's, Wilson and Fields are gone and we're on the clock, would you consider trading that 1st for Tua? Just asking.

Depends if Miami took one of those QBs.  If they took one Tua's stock drops.  What I would do is offer 8 and a 2nd and take Tua and 18.