• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Cap

bababoey

Just going to put this here.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1358454929237630976

Though the NFL’s salary cap is not expected to be officially set until next month, league sources believe it will be roughly $180-$181 million. Throughout the past season, many expected it to be around $175 million, but it now is projected to come in slightly higher, per sources.

Edited by bababoey
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Depending on where you look, Spotrac or OTC, we have somewhere around 6 or 7 million in cap room and they are using 175 million number.  So this will take us somewhere in the 12 - 15 million under the cap kind of area.  It's not great but it's not terrible either.  Hey at least we are not the Saints.

Edited by bababoey

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That helps us out a bit with the Moton situation or it that doesn't pan out, it can help us roll some cap to 2022 

If we don’t franchise tag or sign moton I wouldn’t dare put a high draft pick behind this line. I wouldn’t even with moton but without moton it’s a definite no.

4 minutes ago, bababoey said:

Depending on where you look, Spotrac or OTC, we have somewhere around 6 or 7 million in cap room and they are using 175 million number.  So this will take us somewhere in the 12 - 15 million under the cap kind of area.  It's not great but it's not terrible either.  Hey at least we are not the Saints.

And we have a few cuts that could add to this number

• Flames 1

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That helps us out a bit with the Moton situation or it that doesn't pan out, it can help us roll some cap to 2022 

Are we even in negotiations?  I have heard nothing, and free agency is a month away--of course, they will probably tag him.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

And we have a few cuts that could add to this number

Yeah, Weatherly is the no brainer, but KK and a few others are better post june 1. I dunno--we shall see how our capologist and new GM work this out.  Moton is a no brainer and, in contrast with Joe Person's "30% (chance we retain him)" prediction, there is little chance (4.5943%) that Moton will not be in a Panther uni next season.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Are we even in negotiations?  I have heard nothing, and free agency is a month away--of course, they will probably tag him.

I think the last rumor there was, which was a while ago was that the possibility of Moton returning had improvement with the front office change.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I think the last rumor there was, which was a while ago was that the possibility of Moton returning had improvement with the front office change.

They know they have the tag, so they wanted to wait to see what the cap would be, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think we sign him outright.  If we tag him and he has a stellar season, it's only going to drive up his price.  Especially if we move him to the left side.  Currently, we can sign him to RT money or swing tackle money, both of which are cheaper than LT money.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Yeah, Weatherly is the no brainer, but KK and a few others are better post june 1. I dunno--we shall see how our capologist and new GM work this out.  Moton is a no brainer and, in contrast with Joe Person's "30% (chance we retain him)" prediction, there is little chance (4.5943%) that Moton will not be in a Panther uni next season.

Yes to all of this, especially Moton. It will be interesting to see what approach we take with a few like KK. Also, as much as I would like to keep Curtis, I just think it makes more sense to draft a slot guy later in the draft to replace him. I guess they could decide to keep Curtis and trade Robbie, but doubting that