• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Hell no to Burns, Chinn or Brown. Jackson would be perfect, that's a guy we shouldn't try and resign, get something out of him before that decision. Just tell them Shaq is a real Buffalo nickle, Rivera swears.

I don't want to lose any of these young guys, but a young franchise qb is going to hurt in some areas--current players for future first rounders.  having said that, they need to proceed as if he is not available.

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I don't want to lose any of these young guys, but a young franchise qb is going to hurt in some areas--current players for future first rounders.  having said that, they need to proceed as if he is not available.

If I had to choose it would be Brown and like you said, that's not with 3 first. DTs are replaceable, even with all that talent Brown has. 

If it works, great. If not, draft a QB at 8 and see what happens. We literally could draft a QB in the first for three years and have solid odds to find one since we will be picking top 10 until we get one.

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If I had to choose it would be Brown and like you said, that's not with 3 first. DTs are replaceable, even with all that talent Brown has. 

If it works, great. If not, draft a QB at 8 and see what happens. We literally could draft a QB in the first for three years and have solid odds to find one since we will be picking top 10 until we get one.

It sure sounds as if Tepper is ready to make his move now.  Got rid of Marty, got his coach, and he saw us stay in games wiht a huge dead cap figure, undrafted free agents all over the place, and injuries to Okung, CMC,--with a terrible situation at LG---and we still were in most games--within a score, and us without a QB who can get us over the hump.  So I have a feeling we are going all in.

20 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Hell no to Burns, Chinn or Brown. Jackson would be perfect, that's a guy we shouldn't try and resign, get something out of him before that decision. Just tell them Shaq is a real Buffalo nickle, Rivera swears.

I'd rather give up Jackson than the others, but I definitely noted that D-Jax's name came out of Fitts' mouth very early when he was talking about our promising young players.

Just now, MHS831 said:

It sure sounds as if Tepper is ready to make his move now.  Got rid of Marty, got his coach, and he saw us stay in games wiht a huge dead cap figure, undrafted free agents all over the place, and injuries to Okung, CMC,--with a terrible situation at LG---and we still were in most games--within a score, and us without a QB who can get us over the hump.  So I have a feeling we are going all in.

Sounds incredibley dangerous to have such a push coming from  someone with so little football knowledge. I get the desire but I'm not sold on the price.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather give up Jackson than the others, but I definitely noted that D-Jax's name came out of Fitts' mouth very early when he was talking about our promising young players.

Good then he believes there is value there...if he can reach it lol

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, Waldo said:

Sounds incredibley dangerous to have such a push coming from  someone with so little football knowledge. I get the desire but I'm not sold on the price.

I know, but maybe he is (as suggested by his front office changes) surrounding him with football minds and he is just the kid in the back seat screaming, "Are we there yet?"  Except this kid in the backseat is also the one with the credit card for gas.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I know, but maybe he is (as suggested by his front office changes) surrounding him with football minds and he is just the kid in the back seat screaming, "Are we there yet?"  Except this kid in the backseat is also the one with the credit card for gas.

That scenario scares the hell out of me.

The last thing I want is for David Tepper to become active in football decisions.

• Beer 2

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

That's the hope, unfortunately the non-football mind had a hand in the hiring of both football minds...that's going to leave me uneasy until they prove it's not an issue.

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

That's the hope, unfortunately the non-football mind had a hand in the hiring of both football minds...that's going to leave me uneasy until they prove it's not an issue.

The positive there is that none of the guys he brought into the process made it to the second round.

He deferred to what Matt Rhule wanted, and while I'm uncertain about him that at least is a good sign.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

What if it's Brian Burns and Jeremy Chinn? Or Burns and Donte Jackson?

The Texans are believed to want defensive starters in any potential trade.

Far easier to find another Burns or Chinn verses a franchise QB. I’d rather give more for Watson than gamble on trading away future 1sts for an unknown QB this draft. Say we trade up to 3 and the QB is trash then we are screwed. 

I think we will make a move one way or the other. 

Edited by Wanderlai
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Frankly, I do not know how you can be an owner of a team and NOT make suggestions in general.  It is no secret that the NFL teams that succeed have good QBs.  There is no difference of opinion concerning QB in Carolina.  So from that perspective, I assume that he is engaged.  As far as evaluating talent, etc. I would think not.  The comment from Fits--"We are going to be involved in every QB deal"  (paraphrasing) is what I am basing this on---Tepper is barking a bit.  Maybe I am wrong, but Tepper is involved to some degree--the only debate is to what degree.

• Beer 1