• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2020-2021 Deep Ball Project

Ricky Spanish

Just now, stbugs said:

It was awful to watch. Dude misses a wide open Moore to lose a game and then calls out the OC for not getting the play in on time which didn’t impact the bad throw at all. The worst part was that during that diatribe he said he would have switched to the run. It was 3rd and goal from the 3 man, own it and want the ball. Same with the end of the Denver game. 4th and 8 or 9 and he checks down for a 1 yard pass hoping Samuel turns it into a miracle.

Yeah, he should have just kept his mouth shut if he wanted any more opportunities here. Not that I want to see that happen, mind you.

Good dude, probably will be a great #2 QB in the NFL....not starting QB material at all.

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

It was awful to watch. Dude misses a wide open Moore to lose a game and then calls out the OC for not getting the play in on time which didn’t impact the bad throw at all. The worst part was that during that diatribe he said he would have switched to the run. It was 3rd and goal from the 3 man, own it and want the ball. Same with the end of the Denver game. 4th and 8 or 9 and he checks down for a 1 yard pass hoping Samuel turns it into a miracle.

Teddy is the pussiest QB I've ever seen play.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Honestly who gives af if he’s a good dude? Last qb we had was a much better teammate, and player, and every criticism of him wasn’t prefaced with “cams a good dude, but...”

so annoying how teddy was hyped up. Same player he’s always been. On the saints he never played from behind 

Not a fair comparison. Cam was an elite player, Teddy has never been at any point in his career. 

9 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Not a fair comparison. Cam was an elite player, Teddy has never been at any point in his career. 

Even more of a reason to start every cam slander post with “he’s a good guy” like everyone and their mom seems to do with teddy. In fact, this is such an anomaly, I don’t see any other player discussed on here get talked about “being a good guy” not kk, not luke, not the practice squad guys, not tahir Whitehead. Literally just teddy. It’s as if everyone tried to convince themselves it was a good signing bc he’s a good guy. So dumb 

26 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Even more of a reason to start every cam slander post with “he’s a good guy” like everyone and their mom seems to do with teddy. In fact, this is such an anomaly, I don’t see any other player discussed on here get talked about “being a good guy” not kk, not luke, not the practice squad guys, not tahir Whitehead. Literally just teddy. It’s as if everyone tried to convince themselves it was a good signing bc he’s a good guy. So dumb 

You are reaching quite a bit.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

You are reaching quite a bit.

How so? You said cam was a bad example bc he was a much better player. I agree with that. But there’s equal and lesser skilled players that don’t get the “he’s a good guy, but...” treatment. Can you explain to me why this is? Does the team only have 1 good guy? I seriously don’t get it

7 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

How so? You said cam was a bad example bc he was a much better player. I agree with that. But there’s equal and lesser skilled players that don’t get the “he’s a good guy, but...” treatment. Can you explain to me why this is? Does the team only have 1 good guy? I seriously don’t get it

I think it all started at signing, when those of us who pointed out Teddy's obvious weaknesses and voiced skepticism were hammered for being 'haters' and not supporting him. Had to preface anything negative that way so that the strawman wouldn't come out and I guess it stuck.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

I think it all started at signing, when those of us who pointed out Teddy's obvious weaknesses and voiced skepticism were hammered for being 'haters' and not supporting him. Had to preface anything negative that way so that the strawman wouldn't come out and I guess it stuck.

Pretty much this. I don't hate Teddy the person and I was extremely unenthusiastic about him as a player at signing. 

Admittedly, I think he gets thrown that softball because most of us feel badly about the injury he had and remember when it happened. It's more difficult to pile on a player that had that kind of almost career ending injury.

Now, moving forward after he has taken home a Hurney sized pile of money from the Panthers, it might be a lot harder to have that sort of general sympathy for him. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Pretty much this. I don't hate Teddy the person and I was extremely unenthusiastic about him as a player at signing. 

Admittedly, I think he gets thrown that softball because most of us feel badly about the injury he had and remember when it happened. It's more difficult to pile on a player that had that kind of almost career ending injury.

Now, moving forward after he has taken home a Hurney sized pile of money from the Panthers, it might be a lot harder to have that sort of general sympathy for him. 

I was worried he wasn't good enough to win, but just good enough to take us out of the running for a top QB Prospect. 

I think that was the right assessment. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I was worried he wasn't good enough to win, but just good enough to take us out of the running for a top QB Prospect. 

I think that was the right assessment. 

I honestly didn't think he would be this bad in crunch time. I thought he might be a starting quality game manager. It became clear he is a backup QB in the league. Now we are stuck with one of these Nick Foles/Mike Glennon/Brock Osweiler deals.

Ugh.