• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields concerns

AU-panther

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Mel Kiper is defending Fields now (dropping on other BBs).  Stick a fork in Fields.  Kiper has endorsed Mac Jones and Fields.  So we know which two QBs NOT to pick.

Kiper also endorsed Justin Herbert. I’m sure the Chargers wish they passed on him now.

14 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Mel Kiper is defending Fields now (dropping on other BBs).  Stick a fork in Fields.  Kiper has endorsed Mac Jones and Fields.  So we know which two QBs NOT to pick.

LOL. Kiper endorsed Mahomes. Luckily the scouts don't just base judgements on simple criteria like yours.

Edited by Moo Daeng

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

LOL. Kiper endorsed Mahomes. Luckily the scouts don't just base judgements on simple criteria like yours.

LOL, some people can't see sarcasm if it fall out of sky the and hit them on the head.  The irony of this is Mel was mocking scouts, you know the professional ones, while he just plays one on TV.

Edited by 45catfan

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Kiper also endorsed Justin Herbert. I’m sure the Chargers wish they passed on him now.

Nice cherry pick.  Mel spews enough stuff that he could be right AND wrong on most first round picks over the months leading up to the draft. Heck, he's like chief meteorologist of the draft...given enough predictions, one is bound to come true.

38 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nice cherry pick.  Mel spews enough stuff that he could be right AND wrong on most first round picks over the months leading up to the draft. Heck, he's like chief meteorologist of the draft...given enough predictions, one is bound to come true.

Then don’t use him as a source of prospect rankings as you did 

1 hour ago, Varking said:

Then don’t use him as a source of prospect rankings as you did 

Go back and re-read the post.  I was making fun of Mel Kiper, not endorsing him.  McShay and a host of other talking heads on TV are much better than Kiper.  Mel is a legend in his own mind.  Yeah, he was an original made-for-TV draft 'expert', but he's far from the best one today.  Just because he was one of the firsts, that doesn't make him the best.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Go back and re-read the post.  I was making fun of Mel Kiper, not endorsing him.  McShay and a host of other talking heads on TV are much better than Kiper.  Mel is a legend in his own mind.  Yeah, he was an original made-for-TV draft 'expert', but he's far from the best one today.  Just because he was one of the firsts, that doesn't make him the best.

There really is no best. Every single one of them has tons of misses every year. Even the scouts suck. That’s why there are so many busts every year in the draft. You never really know until you get the kids in camp. 

Not that PFF is the end all be all, but they have fields as one of the best qbs in college when going beyond his first read. The guy who had the best wrs and best rbs and best OL was *shocker* last. 

* I don’t have a PFF sub so can’t say what everyone was graded at but fields was an 87 in this metric, which was good, all according to guys in the comments*

59 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Not that PFF is the end all be all, but they have fields as one of the best qbs in college when going beyond his first read. The guy who had the best wrs and best rbs and best OL was *shocker* last. 

* I don’t have a PFF sub so can’t say what everyone was graded at but fields was an 87 in this metric, which was good, all according to guys in the comments*

I haven't watched enough of Mac Jones to come to that conclusion myself, but it doesn't surprise me in the least. Everything about Jones' game is predicated on everything going perfectly. In that Alabama offense with a good scheme and dominant athletes at nearly every position, he was setup for huge success. But anyone with the ability to make a quick read and deliver an accurate throw would've been.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Panthers8969 said:

PFF also had Fields last year as the best drop back passer and best deep thrower in the country. Even above Joe Burrow. That being said, Mac Jones was in the perfect situation to succeed and he did his job. I just don’t see him as a good NFL QB prospect. 

• Pie 2

11 hours ago, Varking said:

PFF also had Fields last year as the best drop back passer and best deep thrower in the country. Even above Joe Burrow. That being said, Mac Jones was in the perfect situation to succeed and he did his job. I just don’t see him as a good NFL QB prospect. 

Yep. I have no hate toward Jones as a college QB. Dude lit it up. Trask neither for that matter. But I don't want any part of either as the Panthers' next starting QB.

• Beer 1