• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson's Camp Have Discussed Trade Destinations With SEA; Trade Could Happen, "in the near future."

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't touch that situation with a ten foot pole.

The guy wins football games and has literally never had a season that wasn't at the very least good.  And he has been undeniably great for 5 out of the last 6 seasons.  He's also one of the most clutch QBs of all-time.

Who the hell cares if he is a diva?

Edited by Mage
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Excerpt from the article linked above...

During a 17-12 loss to the Colt McCoy-led Giants in early December, a game in which the offense scored only 10 points, Wilson dropped back and set up in a clean pocket. He held the ball longer than four seconds and had plenty of space around him, only to take a sack, a play indicative of Wilson’s struggles down the stretch.

“What the f--k is wrong with Russell Wilson?” a veteran coach who watched the game said at the time. “He is seeing ghosts. They act like they are not protecting him, but he kills the protection. There are times they got a clean pocket, he runs up in there, he just panics. He is not playing very good at all.”

“People say their protection is not that good,” the coach went on. “That whole ‘Let Russ Cook’ thing, he is better when they can run the ball and they play off that, there is no question. No one likes that because they want him to be Dan Marino. Well, he is not Dan Marino. You are who you are. But he looks bad right now.”

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

It's insane to me that people wouldn't want to do that deal lol

Give me 5 years of being talked about as a Super Bowl contender strictly because of how good our QB is than taking a gamble on hitting the next 3 1st round picks (especially considering the one this year will most likely be used in some way to get a QB).

With the way today’s game is played QB’s are able to play longer because they’re not getting hit as violently. Like you said, Russ would at minimum give us 5 years of elite QB play. 

If the difference between Russ and Watson means us hanging onto Burns, I’m honestly taking Wilson

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Mage said:

The guy wins football games and has literally never had a season that wasn't at the very least good.  And he has been undeniably great for 5 out of the last 6 seasons.  He's also one of the most clutch QBs of all-time.

Who the hell cares if he is a diva?

The people who actually have to work with him care...a lot.

Plus, remember that one game where they made a playcall attempting to make a hero out of him? It turned out not so good.

Throw in that the Athletic article includes comments from a couple of people who seem to think that he might be on the decline and looking for somebody to blame for his struggles.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Wilson is a top 5 QB. I would absolutely trade 3 1st’s for him.

If the Saints land Wilson, we’re screwed. We would have to find a way to trade for Watson at that point if we planned on competing anytime in the near future.

How the hell could the Saints possibly pull that off?  They're like 80 million over the cap right now.  Wilson makes like 30 mil a year.  The numbers make this impossible for them.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The people who actually have to work with him do.

Okay... but he wins.  And he is extremely productive.

Like, what?  You don't pass on Russ just because he's a "diva".  Seahawks win every year and Russ is the main reason for that.  Look at all the turnover they have had and yet, still winning.  

Russ isn't on the decline.  He just had a rough stretch last year against good defenses.  Are we gonna act like he wasn't leading the MVP race early last year?

Give me a break.  Russell Wilson is not a problem.  To not want to touch him with a 10-foot pole is to not want to win football games.

Just now, joemac said:

How the hell could the Saints possibly pull that off?  They're like 80 million over the cap right now.  Wilson makes like 30 mil a year.  The numbers make this impossible for them.

I don't know that they could, but apparently his camp has interest in the Saints as a trade destination.

3 minutes ago, Mage said:

Okay... but he wins.  And he is extremely productive.

Like, what?  You don't pass on Russ just because he's a "diva".  Seahawks win every year and Russ is the main reason for that.  Look at all the turnover they have had and yet, still winning.  

Russ isn't on the decline.  He just had a rough stretch last year against good defenses.  Are we gonna act like he wasn't leading the MVP race early last year?

Give me a break.  Russell Wilson is not a problem.  To not want to touch him with a 10-foot pole is to not want to win football games.

I've seen this kind of "who cares if he's crazy as long as he wins" rationale before.

It's the same logic that was used to justify getting Terrell Owens.

Every team that actually did wound up regretting it, and nobody got any championships with him.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Poo 1

Why the fug would the Seahawks wanna trade him though? Has their relationship soured THAT much? He’s 32 and still has at the very least 2-3 more good years. It doesn’t really make sense since they don’t have anybody waiting in the wings to replace him. 

Edited by TheRumGone