• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman thinks Mac Jones criticized unfairly

panthers55

Chris Simms has been going to bat a lot for Mac Jones.  I've been listening to that on my drive to work the past couple of days.  Simms' point is that Jones can read, diagnose, and execute a play very quickly.  Simms also argues that Jones has more than enough functional arm strength.  He mentions a lot of Joe Burrow, minus the athleticism.  Blames poor pad/jersey fit for the questions on his body.  Or maybe Jones just has an ugly body?

It's been interesting to hear Simms talk about the various QBs and their fit, skills, and his evaluations.  He grew up in an NFL family, even played for a bit so he's got the chops.  He even said he'd love to be a GM one day, I guess going the Mike Mayock path?

Regardless of his defenders, my main concern remains with Jones is that he played on the best team, with the best skill players, OL, etc.  He didn't really have to put the team on his shoulders and elevate everyone.  Tua beat him out, and Tua had a pretty rocky rookie year.  

I don't trust that, or Fields for that matter.  Heck, Kellan Mond is looking better and better. When you consider A&M has put out some pretty good QBs recently, could be worse?  And hey, Simms is super high on Mond so yeah???

t was fun reading some of the posts saying how dumb they thought Richard Sherman is. In essence if 99.9999% of the people who claimed him dumb were to meet him in real life they would soon discover the man is abundantly more intelligent than they are, has infinite more physical strength and athleticism than they ever would, could out think them in a heart beat, has a bank account they could only dream of and is pretty much their superior in every aspect of life. If you approach it from a primal standpoint the man could out brain them, out fight them, and pretty much out due them in every aspect of anything in life yet they laughed him off and called him dumb. I may not agree with Sherman fully but calling him dumb or not respecting the opinion of a man who is highly intelligent, highly athletic and faced some of the best QB's to ever walk on the field is just plain foolish and idiotic.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

t was fun reading some of the posts saying how dumb they thought Richard Sherman is. In essence if 99.9999% of the people who claimed him dumb were to meet him in real life they would soon discover the man is abundantly more intelligent than they are, has infinite more physical strength and athleticism than they ever would, could out think them in a heart beat, has a bank account they could only dream of and is pretty much their superior in every aspect of life. If you approach it from a primal standpoint the man could out brain them, out fight them, and pretty much out due them in every aspect of anything in life yet they laughed him off and called him dumb. I may not agree with Sherman fully but calling him dumb or not respecting the opinion of a man who is highly intelligent, highly athletic and faced some of the best QB's to ever walk on the field is just plain foolish and idiotic.

You are right--he is very intelligent.  He also looks at the QB position very differently--he does not care if the QB can run or if his arm strength can throw a football through a rock wall--he knows timing--he is not the fastest DB, so he relies on his intelligence to anticipate--like a QB.  He knows that the ball arriving on time and accurately is nearly impossible to defend.  A running QB is someone else's job. 

Personally, I think Jones will go top 12.  I think Mond (based on the research I have done after seeing Simms' video on him) could be the steal of the draft--the "Russell Wilson" pick of 2021.