• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Richard Sherman thinks Mac Jones criticized unfairly

panthers55

Richard Sherman . . . has exactly what credentials to make that sort of assertion?  Are we talking Richard Sherman the former Seahawks cornerback or is there a Richard Sherman who actually has some knowledge of scouting?  Seems like a "who cares" moment to me.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Richard Sherman . . . has exactly what credentials to make that sort of assertion?  Are we talking Richard Sherman the former Seahawks cornerback or is there a Richard Sherman who actually has some knowledge of scouting?  Seems like a "who cares" moment to me.

I think playing in the league for as long as he has certainly provides a unique perspective. And a CB would definitely spend a lot of time watching film on QBs so it's not like his opinion on the matter isn't rooted in a lot of relevant experience.

The main thing here to realize though is that Sherman is probably doing a bit of projecting here. The reason he slipped to the 5th round was due to his perceived lack of athleticism. Like our own Josh Norman, Sherman is honestly a significantly subpar athlete among NFL CBs. He just has other traits that allows him to more than make up for his athletic shortcomings.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I can see Sherman wanting to stick up for a guy with percieved physical limitations, like what caused Sherman to slip.

But jones has much more going against him than the physical limitations.  He's hard to evaluate.  When has an Alabama QB lived up to the hype and produced in the NFL?  Tua?  Mac couldn't beat out Tua.  

To me, that is the biggest problem I have with Mac Jones.  He is physically limited, and he also comes from a system that made it easy for him with the best athletes in the world around him.  It's hard to figure him out.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I can see Sherman wanting to stick up for a guy with percieved physical limitations, like what caused Sherman to slip.

But jones has much more going against him than the physical limitations.  He's hard to evaluate.  When has an Alabama QB lived up to the hype and produced in the NFL?  Tua?  Mac couldn't beat out Tua.  

To me, that is the biggest problem I have with Mac Jones.  He is physically limited, and he also comes from a system that made it easy for him with the best athletes in the world around him.  It's hard to figure him out.

Do you knock Trevor Lawrence for his supporting cast and level of competition?

26 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Do you knock Trevor Lawrence for his supporting cast and level of competition?

I don't think about Lawrence at all.  He's going to go #1 so he's not on my radar.  Clemson did give us Watson so...tacos?

Realistically, when was the last time an Alabama QB had a high level, top 10 QB career in the NFL?  I've been a fan of football for a bit, and it's kind of hard to think about.  The 60s?  Stabler and Namth?  

I'm just a fan, not an evaluator.  When I look at Mac Jones to the NFL, I don't want him because Alabama QBs have no had the kind of success we need to have for our next QB.