• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance on nfl network as if 12pm est

raleigh-panther

10 hours ago, Varking said:

Or they are looking to criticize because this is the time to do it. Outside of Lawrence who we have no shot at I’ll criticize anything legit concerning of any of the other three major QBs. Nobody was knocking Lance for missing deep. The knock on him from this pro day is he absolutely struggled with ball placement went throwing to his right. 

They’ve been grooming him for this pro day since his showcase ended and he either had an off day throwing right or it’s a legit issue. That’s the concern. For the argument of it can be fixed easily, can it? You think they haven’t been working on this for the past few months? He chose not to run so I imagine all of his training has gone towards throwing. 

Without 3 drops he went 60-of-65.  Struggled...lol!  I have no idea of the speed of those rent-a-wideouts he was using, but I guess you would have preferred he threw the ball short on the deep routes like Teddy. He gave the ball sufficient air and the guys could not get the extra step (that's how close ALL his misses were) to come down with them.

Trey struggled because of the legit misses, it happened to be more to one side?  Would it have been better to miss more on the left or would you have preferred 3 on the left versus only 2 on the right?  Keep kissing the Fields ring dude.

If Fields is less than 100% on his throws, I will pick it apart.  If two or more misses are to one side, the kid may as well be second round material.  If this sounds ridiculous, I'm taking pointers from someone.

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Without 3 drops he went 60-of-65.  Struggled...lol!  I have no idea of the speed of those rent-a-wideouts he was using, but I guess you would have preferred he threw the ball short on the deep routes like Teddy. He gave the ball sufficient air and the guys could not get the extra step (that's how close ALL his misses were) to come down with them.

Trey struggled because of the legit misses, it happened to be more to one side?  Would it have been better to miss more on the left or would you have preferred 3 on the left versus only 2 on the right?  Keep kissing the Fields ring dude.

If Fields is less than 100% on his throws, I will pick it apart.  If two or more misses are to one side, the kid may as well be second round material.  If this sounds ridiculous, I'm taking pointers from someone.

He did struggle throwing to his right. That’s a fact. The passes weren’t on the money or near it they were often behind. Even the commentator started to notice the trend. I don’t care about overthrowing a deep ball. That’s better than underthrowing. I wasn’t calling those misses. It’s seems I’ve struck a nerve because I’m being critical rather than riding the hype train. I’ll give similar analysis for Fields and Wilson when they have their pro days. 

Fields isn’t even my #1 or 2 QB in this class. You’re just being dramatic. “Keep kissing the Fields ring”. He’s my number 6 player on the board. Lawrence and Wilson are in front of him. 

• Flames 1

42 minutes ago, Varking said:

He did struggle throwing to his right. That’s a fact. The passes weren’t on the money or near it they were often behind. Even the commentator started to notice the trend. I don’t care about overthrowing a deep ball. That’s better than underthrowing. I wasn’t calling those misses. It’s seems I’ve struck a nerve because I’m being critical rather than riding the hype train. I’ll give similar analysis for Fields and Wilson when they have their pro days. 

Fields isn’t even my #1 or 2 QB in this class. You’re just being dramatic. “Keep kissing the Fields ring”. He’s my number 6 player on the board. Lawrence and Wilson are in front of him. 

Trevor Lawrence had  a worse Pro day than Trey Lance...FACT! Trevor missed almost all of his to the left...FACT!  Trevor only had one legit drop by his HIS WRs. He threw a deep ball short where the WR had to turn and wait for the ball. FACT!  He missed deep on another deep ball, wrong shoulder and behind...FACT.  A WR had to make a diving grab on an ant-burner FACT!  Trevor never had a simulated pass rush on ANY throw...FACT.  I counted counted 15 incomplete passes.  Trey had 8.  I didn't count the passes, but it was said to be 52 for Trevor.  Lance had 65.  I forgot to mention he STURGGLED to keep his WRs in bounds during the redzone drills.

Do I need to keep on or do you just want to admit you don't like Trey Lance and will do anything to tear down the kid?

Edited by 45catfan

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Trevor Lawrence had  a worse Pro day than Trey Lance...FACT! Trevor missed almost all of his to the left...FACT!  Trevor only had one legit drop by his HIS WRs. He threw a deep ball short where the WR had to turn and wait for the ball. FACT!  He missed deep on another deep ball, wrong shoulder and behind...FACT.  A WR had to make a diving grab on an ant-burner FACT!  Trevor never had a simulated pass rush on ANY throw...FACT.  I counted counted 15 incomplete passes.  Trey had 8.  I didn't count the passes, but it was said to be 52 for Trevor.  Lance had 65.  I forgot to mention he STURGGLED to keep his WRs in bounds during the redzone drills.

Do I need to keep on or do you just want to admit you don't like Trey Lance and will do anything to tear down the kid?

Did I argue that Trevor Lawrence had a worse or better pro day? 

Does a pro day mean a guy is better or worse than another prospect? 

People jumped through the same hoops and made the same assumptions when I posted my concerns about Zach Wilson. And guess what!!! I happen to like Zach Wilson as a prospect. He’s my number 2 QB. 

As far as Lawrence there is nothing these other three QBs can do during a pro day that’s going to make me catapult them over Lawrence. He’s a more sound prospect than the others in my eyes and we have no shot at getting him so there is no need to even analyze him. He’s not an option for us. 

Does me pointing out he had issues throwing to his right mean I dislike him as a prospect and do not want him on our team? Absolutely not. So keep making up fake arguments like you did above. I didn’t compare pro days between the two at all. I didn’t compare Lance to Lawrence at all. You are literally making stuff up. 

Anybody taking a pro day performance as the be all end all of prospect evaluation is an idiot. Let’s also not forget that Lance has been preparing for this pro day for months longer than the other prospects because they were playing actual games. He’s just been training. 

I don’t have problems drafting Wilson, Fields or Lance. I do have concerns about each of them. I’d be happy to have any of the three taking over for Teddy: Stop making things up that other people aren’t arguing. Stop getting hurt because people are pointing out issues a player might have. Unless you happen to be Trey Lance I dont understand the need to defend his every breath. And if you are Trey Lance, log out and practice throwing to the right. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

On 3/14/2021 at 7:00 AM, ladypanther said:

I've just got a good feeling about this guy.  Had the same feeling about CMC (yea..I know he had a great resume but many here wanted Fornette).

Here are some links to interesting writeups about him:

https://www.nfl.com/news/no-longer-ignored-ndsu-qb-trey-lance-has-nfl-s-attention

https://www.startribune.com/scouts-invade-fargo-to-see-ndsu-s-next-pro-qb-prospect-marshall-s-trey-lance/572614532/

https://undraftedthenetwork.com/2021/03/03/who-is-trey-lance-draft-profile/

I do as well. He seems to be comfortable in his own skin

i like him a lot better than Justin Fields from that perspective 

Just now, Varking said:

Did I argue that Trevor Lawrence had a worse or better pro day? 

Does a pro day mean a guy is better or worse than another prospect? 

People jumped through the same hoops and made the same assumptions when I posted my concerns about Zach Wilson. And guess what!!! I happen to like Zach Wilson as a prospect. He’s my number 2 QB. 

As far as Lawrence there is nothing these other three QBs can do during a pro day that’s going to make me catapult them over Lawrence. He’s a more sound prospect than the others in my eyes and we have no shot at getting him so there is no need to even analyze him. He’s not an option for us. 

Does me pointing out he had issues throwing to his right mean I dislike him as a prospect and do not want him on our team? Absolutely not. So keep making up fake arguments like you did above. I didn’t compare pro days between the two at all. I didn’t compare Lance to Lawrence at all. You are literally making stuff up. 

Anybody taking a pro day performance as the be all end all of prospect evaluation is an idiot. Let’s also not forget that Lance has been preparing for this pro day for months longer than the other prospects because they were playing actual games. He’s just been training. 

I don’t have problems drafting Wilson, Fields or Lance. I do have concerns about each of them. I’d be happy to have any of the three taking over for Teddy: Stop making things up that other people aren’t arguing. Stop getting hurt because people are pointing out issues a player might have. Unless you happen to be Trey Lance I dont understand the need to defend his every breath. And if you are Trey Lance, log out and practice throwing to the right. 

WOW!  For someone putting a dude under the microscope during his Pro Day and knocking his lack of games, you sure pulled a 180 there, lol!  Trevor needs to work on his ball placement in the endzone and on the left side too. I guess all those games hurt Trevor's accuracy and he should have opted out to work on his Pro Day! /end discussion

• Poo 1

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

WOW!  For someone putting a dude under the microscope during his Pro Day and knocking his lack of games, you sure pulled a 180 there, lol!  Trevor needs to work on his ball placement in the endzone and on the left side too. I guess all those games hurt Trevor's accuracy and he should have opted out to work on his Pro Day! /end discussion

It's because all he has is a pro day he played one rather awful game this season. 

*adds to ignore list*

• Beer 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Pulled a 180? You think because somebody has concerns about a player it means they can’t possibly be ok with them being on your team? You can critique Trevor Lawrence all you want. It won’t bother me. You’re emotional because not everyone is sitting on the tip of the hype wagon. You are posting arguments just to increase post count. You’re being dramatic. Since you’ve /end discussion I wouldn’t normally expect a reply back but with your dramatic you’re being I don’t think you’ll be able to resist. 

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

Yeah he got added to mine as well until after the draft is over. 

Its one thing to post a logical argument for a player, the level of emotional attachment to a draft prospect as a fan is rather ridiculous, as fans we have no control over what will happen over hyping a guy who won't be NFL ready in 2021 based on an underwear workout with no pass rush defense ect is silly.

I also wouldn't mind Lance what I dread is having to listen to the b*thing on here if we draft him because he will ride the pine in 2021 behind Bridgewater.

I also realize given my current user name people who haven't read my posts will acuse me of bandwagoning Laurence, I gave up that pipe dream when we won a third game he's a Jaguar.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
  • Beer 1