• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Giants fans saying we don't have the "it" factor

PanthersPhan18

I have been talking to Giants fans now ever since I was on my way home from watching the game at a friends, until last night.

All I get from them is "Panthers fans gotta get over it, you can't beat the Gmen"

Tho, one said he was afraid, and doesn't wanna rematch, the rest of them are just very strong is state'n they don't think the Panthers are good enough to even get to a rematch.

I give the Giants credit. They did what they did... and luck on all sides played a factor... bouncing muffed punts, Rookie's knock'n down INT's at the Giants 30, the Kick that went wide with 4 seconds to go.

The Panthers got lucky with a few missed INT's the Giants D could have had, knock'n the ball out at the 1 yard line.

Tuck was Sick, Maake was out... we can get that list going too...

Bottom line is, it came down to who got lucky enough to get "the break", and the Giants got it.

I currently am hope'n for a rematch... but we need to get there first. but... so do they!

a win on Sunday gives the Panthers #2, and then whyo knows... the Giants could lose in their first game and the NFCCG could still be here (if I recall)

But, either way... That game itself (if/when it happens) could very well be better than the superbowl itself.

We'll just have to way an see, and see who does "it".

I agree. Nobody in this league is unbeatable. Just ask the Patriots! I remember last year everybody thought New England was going to win it all and they lost only to the Giants in the big one. I can't blame any Giants fan for being confident, but just remember that nobody thought they were going to win it all last year on the road either.

The one thing the Giants have over us, and everybody else for that matter, is Brandon Jacobs. That guy changes the way every opponent plays defense against them, and he's a one of a kind.

Honestly, I won't be surprised when some team drafts a TE or DE and trys to make them a RB, because that's the only way you can duplicate what the Giants have. There are no other 265lb RB's coming up through the college ranks right now.

We can't just blame it on bad luck my friend. The Giants won in OT because we let them stick around by only scoring 7 points in the second half of the game.

Exactly! Giants outscored us 15-7 in the 2nd half of regulation when we went to the 'ol tried and true "play not to lose" offensive strategy, leaving a tired defense with a banged up interior DL on the frigid field to get steamrolled by a backup RB. If we'd had scored again before halftime, the game wouldn't have been close. Can't blame Kasay either; the Offense should have done more to move closer for him to get a more realistic shot with the wind at his back. You would think Fox, a former D Coord for a number of years with the Giants, should have known that but I guess that's asking too much.

I saw the game and I've seen highlights throughout the season. I don't doubt the Panthers have the "It" factor. We played and lost to the Patriots last year before facing them in the Super Bowl. You learn a lot from playing a team and if the Giants can last in the playoffs to play the Panthers again, then it will be a very tough game (especially if that Maake guy gets healthy for the Panthers although the other guys played well). And everybody is scouring the Phila and Dallas tapes of our previous two losses.

We need some health help as well. I know it doesn't feel good to lose but both teams should feel that they played excellent football Sunday night. Hopefully we won't shoot ourselves in the foot during the playoffs (I know, bad taste).

Oh, and I suppose I couldn't say this if the field goal were good, but, somebody should buy DeAngelo Williams (great running back that he is) a couple past seasons of "The Sopranos" on DVD. It's never a good idea to "shush" a bunch of guys from northern New Jersey. It wastes your time, doesn't work, and just makes them angry .... and nobody wants to see that :-)

Archived