• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mariota likely to be cut

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You'd think the Patriots would jump all over this. 

They might, though word was they were talking to the 49ers about Garoppolo and we're told he wasn't available.

Speaking of the 49ers, Trubisky going to the Bills means they don't get him and they're still in the market for a backup.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They might, though word was they were talking to the 49ers about Garoppolo and we're told he wasn't available.

Speaking of the 49ers, Trubisky going to the Bills means they don't get him and they're still in the market for a backup.

Looks like they are kicking the tires on Flacco

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

Meh, this is post draft garbage diving kind of signing. No reason to do this now. 

IDK about that. A lot of that depends on what we plan to do with Teddy. If the plan is to jettison him come hell or high water, I'd probably look at Mariota now if he is affordable. At worst, huge boost at the #2 QB.

20 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

IDK about that. A lot of that depends on what we plan to do with Teddy. If the plan is to jettison him come hell or high water, I'd probably look at Mariota now if he is affordable. At worst, huge boost at the #2 QB.

Man if we are going Turdbustky then why not another rando? I get the 'maybe we can make it work' aspect but I don't see a reason to jump yet. There will be some vet available post draft.

Plus once we pick up a QB we won't get jack for Teddy. I'm hoping a 5th is out there somewhere but I'm more than happy with a flat cut.

Edited by Waldo

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Man if we are going Turdbustky then why not another rando? I get the 'maybe we can make it work' aspect but I don't see a reason to jump yet. There will be some vet available post draft.

Plus once we pick up a QB we won't get jack for Teddy. I'm hoping a 5th is out there somewhere but I'm more than happy with a flat cut.

I think it just depends on what the overall plan is. If it is "Watson or bust" then there isn't a rush. If the plan is "Anyone but Teddy" I could see a reason to start looking around. 

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I think it just depends on what the overall plan is. If it is "Watson or bust" then there isn't a rush. If the plan is "Anyone but Teddy" I could see a reason to start looking around. 

If it was 'Watson or bust' before prodays are done we have much bigger problems.

I don't mind the looking but we should wait until we address the Teddy scenario. Once we make the first move then the dominoes start falling. Why put ourselves in a corner over a backup level QB?

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

With our current roster and cap, we can't sign anyone really, let alone an actual NFL QB.

Everyone is all excited about Deshaun, but I'm baffled at how anyone expects us to fit him.  The Texans surely don't want Teddy with Tyrod already in house.

If I was the Texans' GB, I would pull a page from the NBA and tell the Panthers they would have to pay me to take Teddy off their hands with more draft picks. The Panthers have already made the blunder of letting it be known Teddy is not good enough for them, why would anyone with a lick of sense be willing to trade for him? The best option when it comes to Teddy for any team that might be interested is to wait for the Panthers to be forced to cut him and sign Teddy for cheap without giving up anything else.

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

If it was 'Watson or bust' before prodays are done we have much bigger problems.

I don't mind the looking but we should wait until we address the Teddy scenario. Once we make the first move then the dominoes start falling. Why put ourselves in a corner over a backup level QB?

It depends on the overall plan. I guess we will see what the overall plan is. Hard to say at the moment.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It depends on the overall plan. I guess we will see what the overall plan is. Hard to say at the moment.

I have no idea, some conflicting readings and known dead ends going in different directions. It certainly isn't boring.

• Beer 1