• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Sign or not to Sign - Bridgewater vs Draft. DRAFT

CPcavedweller

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The mediocre QB was the difference between 5-11 and competing for a playoff berth last year.

Really you have no idea what this team would have looked like with a more risk taking QB.  Most likely wouldn't have been in many of those situations in the first place.  You can't just play Teddy for 3 quarters then insert another QB for different situations.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hate to tell you, but there's a reason for that. 

Yeah, injury. Teddy was always on the... gossamer side! That's an obvious knock, but to suggest that it was anything more than injury is being disingenuous. Teddy had more than one suitor last offseason. I was just miffed that he got a two-year prove-it deal as opposed to the traditional one-year.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

Just now, jfra78 said:

Really you have no idea what this team would have looked like with a more risk taking QB.  Most likely wouldn't have been in many of those situations in the first place.  You can't just play Teddy for 3 quarters then insert another QB for different situations.

The thing is, Teddy was billed as someone that would always take care of the ball, yet his int % doesn't show that to be the case.  He may not want to take risks, but he sure isn't making the best decisions all the time, either.

I would love last year to just be an unfortunate blip and for him to become a franchise guy for us this year, just don't see it as possible.

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

The thing is, Teddy was billed as someone that would always take care of the ball, yet his int % doesn't show that to be the case.  He may not want to take risks, but he sure isn't making the best decisions all the time, either.

I would love last year to just be an unfortunate blip and for him to become a franchise guy for us this year, just don't see it as possible.

Exactly! He certainly wasn't as advertised in the ball security department, which is the second biggest reason I want to move on from him.

Edited by top dawg

Just now, mav1234 said:

His interceptions went up later in the season when he was pressured to win games and not play his style.

Just now, jfra78 said:

His interceptions went up later in the season when he was pressured to win games and not play his style.

His job is to win games, if having to lead 4th quarter comebacks or game-winning drives is too much pressure, what is he good for? 

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All of us would prefer Teddy not be the starter! Don't get it twisted!

I get that sense from you and other posters but that one in particular must be a relative or in teddy's circle or something.

I am not thrilled with the possibility of another season of Teddy starting but I'm not saying he's the worst quarterback we've ever had either. That being said I also not wwilling to deal in self deception. If someone isn't clutch and not franchise starter quality you just have to accept it. Sitting around making excuses is just more of the same. They didn't fly for the last two long term starters we had and they won't now. It is a perfomance based business and about money at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Give teddy a true red zone threat and a defense that is able to make at least 2 stops a game and he can win games

ok, so Teddy can't win the game but if you put a star cast around him, maybe he won't lose the game? heh

• Pie 1

I'd rather see what Minshew or Darnold can do, but only at the cost of a third-rounder or later, with the emphasis on "later". It all depends on the market, which has gotten a little crazy as of late. If the market demands something higher (which I can see in the case of Darnold), I'd likely balk.

Edited by top dawg