• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predicted Outcome of Darnold Trade

kungfoodude

Predicted Outcome of Darnold Trade  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most likely scenario?

• Gets beaten out as starter(rookie/Teddy/etc)
    • He is who we thought he was(same inconsistent player - bust)
    • Teddy 2.0(career highs in TD/Yards but still clearly a marginal NFL QB)
    • Jake 2.0(not an elite QB but shows he can make us competitive)
    • Adam Gase is QB Poison(Shows why he was the #3 overall pick - Franchise QB)

i know predictions are fun for their own sake but i don't know how anybody can even reasonably make a prediction on this. it feels like a complete coin toss.

it's encouraging a decent nfl front office thought he was good enough to trade capital for

discouraging that he was like Plan E

who knows.

• Beer 2

Just now, PhillyB said:

i know predictions are fun for their own sake but i don't know how anybody can even reasonably make a prediction on this. it feels like a complete coin toss.

it's encouraging a decent nfl front office thought he was good enough to trade capital for

discouraging that he was like Plan E

who knows.

Exactly why I choose to be optimistic about it.  No one really knows how this guy will play with decent weapons and coaching.  Why not think he will be good, what's the harm in that as a fan.

• Pie 2

Hard to say, but I'll play. 

It's a guess, but I'll be optimistic and say that Darnold's failures were mostly due to his environment. I can't state enough how much where they land plays a huge part in whether a QB succeeds or fails. 

Darnold is still oh so young. He has the physical tools necessary to succeed, and I'm gonna bet that he has the mental toughness to overcome all the foolishness of Adam Gase.

• Pie 1

I have a feeling he’s going to be terrible. Darnold barely showed any flashes of being good for the Jets. But, he’s still very young and I hope that Rhule and co can coach him up. Bridgewater clearly wasn’t the answer. 

After this team beat Washington and took themselves out of contention to get the #3 overall pick and get Zach Wilson or Justin Fields, I knew it was going to be a bad offseason. I just can’t believe we’ve gone from Cam Newton to Sam Darnold. Getting harder and harder to be a Panthers fan these days.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, never say never. They said that it wouldn't happen in the free agency era, yet it did.

Without even looking, I can't even think of a consistent NFC team out side of that 3 year run by philly.  Really a one and done Superbowl should make all of us Panthers fans extremely happy.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

2020 Sam Darnold was much better than 2015 Peyton Manning. That really isn't even a discussion. 

Their statistical production was nigh identical 

one was a legend with full mastery of the mental side of the game and still contributed to Denver’s team and a competent offense

the other is a never was and one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory who has captained some of the worst offenses in the league

not really the same thing

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Without even looking, I can't even think of a consistent NFC team out side of that 3 year run by philly.  Really a one and done Superbowl should make all of us Panthers fans extremely happy.

Green Bay has been a consistent team in the NFC. The Seahawks have been extremely consistent. 

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

one was a legend with full mastery of the mental side of the game and still contributed to Denver’s team and a competent offense

the other is a never was and one of the biggest draft busts in recent memory who has captained some of the worst offenses in the league

The biggest contribution that Peyton Manning exhibited in 2015 was to Brock Osweiler's pockets. In fact, Brock was a far, far, far, far better QB on that team in his 7 starts for Denver. 

Peyton was the worst starting QB in the NFL in 2015. Your memory must be of pre-2015 Manning.

7 minutes ago, Growl said:

The original comparison was Jake not sam,  but you changed the narrative. Jake in his Superbowl losing year was a better QB than Manning in 2015,  his legacy really doesnt matter on this situation

• Beer 1